The following Councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse and Mrs E Byles. Also present were Mrs H Hibbert-Biles (District Councillor).
1. APOLOGIES were received from Mr R Rose (County Councillor)
2. MINUTES The following amendments were made to the minutes of the meeting held on 9th September 2002.
- ITEM 3. Corner House Farm: A copy of the report is attached to these minutes amended to: A copy of the report will kept in the village shop file.
- Audit: Kingham amended to: Mrs Jones, the Kingham Clerk
- Mrs Hibbert-Biles wished it to be noted that she had given her apologies for the meeting on 9th September but they were not received by the Clerk and were not recorded in the minutes.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Lower Green: No Progress
Corner House Farm: These plans were considered by the Uplands Sub Committee on 7th October 2002 and were approved seven to three and have now been referred to the Development Control Committee for further consideration of the policy issues involved. Date to be notified. Mr Pearce brought it to the Councils attention that the new planning amendment notice states that the proposed plan affects a Listed Building but this wording was not present on the previous applications.
Church Gates: Mrs Pearse had asked OCC Museum Department at Standlake if they would be interested in acquiring the gates but they did not think they would be able to use them. Mr Pratley is keen to use the ironwork. The Rector has suggested making benches for the church from them. There will be a service of blessing for the new gates after the 11 O’clock service on 17th or 24th November, Chairman to suggest 17th to the Rector. Mrs Pearse had suggested wording for the plaque and all agreed. Chairman to arrange for the memorial plaque to be made. Clerk to arrange notices for the service.
Footbridge: No progress
Kerbing around the Green: No progress. Mrs Hibbert-Biles offered to look into the matter.
Jubilee Benches: Now in place either side of the Pavilion. Clerk to write a thank you letter to WODC.
Rounders and Aunt Sally Set: Mr Pearce had spoken to Roger Shepherd and these items can be stored with the sports equipment once a suitable box has been found.
London Lane: The Clerk has approach Cornbury Estates twice but the overhanging hedgerow has still not been cut. Clerk to contact the agent again.
Closure of Langston House: The correspondence regarding the closure of Langston House residential home was discussed. There will be a public meeting on 24th October and Mrs Hibbert-Biles asked for as many people as possible to be present.
The Wychwoods Day Centre: A letter had been received asking for a donation. It was agreed to give £50.00.
W2002/1100 DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS AND ERECTION OF NINE DWELLINGS AND ONE SHOP at CORNER HOUSE FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD. Outstanding
W2002/1455 DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLING. ERECTION OF SIX DWELLINGS & C0NSTRUCTION OF NEW VEHICULAR ACCESS TO GARAGE COURTYARD at 2A SHIPTON ROAD, ASOCTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding
W2002/1520 ERECTION OF REAR EXTENSION at 29 LONDON LANE, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding
W2202/1565 DEMOLITION OF EXISTING CONSERVATORY & ERECTION OF NEW CONSERVATORY TO REAR ELEVATION at 14 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding
Mr Pearce had a good response to the appeal for photographs of flooding in relation to the application for 2A Shipton Road.
Mrs Pearse will attend the WODC planning road show at Chipping Norton on 14th November 2002.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
|OCC Grass cutting Grant||493.68|
|Playing field Rental Football Club||150.00|
|Mrs M Ismail ¼ yr Salary||416.00|
|Mrs M Ismail Tel & Mileage||14.40|
Mr Fox reported that the internal audit was now complete and notices have gone up to that effect. The following notes were made from the audit and are recorded as follows.
Is Martyr’s Bench insured? It is covered by our general insurance
Is gang mower insured? The Insurance Company confirm that it is covered but have not yet forwarded the certificate
Bill is for Minute Book/cheque Book
PV12 £265.45 £254.43
PV20 Nichols 30.49 Not in minute book
PV21 Pearce M 18.06 Not in minute book
PV54 Tiddy Hall 113.50 Not in minute book
PV26 Barnes May be able to claim some VAT back
Mr Fox had looked at the financial situation regarding the shop and made the following points:
- The Parish Council can make annual direct grants restricted to approximately £1000 under section 137.
- The Parish Council can buy the shop; a peppercorn rent may be charged for seven years and should then be reviewed.
- The Parish Council cannot run a commercial enterprise.
- It may be possible to form a charity.
Mr Fox suggested that we should prepare a budget to set the 2003/2004 precept and a preliminary budget was circulated. Councillors were asked to think about requirements before the next meeting.
7. REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
Mrs Hibbert-Biles reported on the Council meetings she had attended regarding the closure of Langston House Residential Home. There is very strong opposition to the closure and it is hoped that it may be extended rather than closed down.
The County Council element of the Council Tax will be going up by 15% and the District element will be £10 per household.
The new code of conduct on planning had been reviewed and District Councillors may listen and discuss plans at Parish Council meetings but are not allowed to declare how they will vote.
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS There were no public questions.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Rospa Report: The Rospa report on the play equipment shows there were two items of medium risk which need attention. Mr Pearce to Action.
Declaration of Interests: Mr Pearce asked if he would have to complete an amendment to his Declaration of Interests as he is on the Poors Committee. It was agreed that he would. Clerk will provide form.
Clerks Meeting: Mrs Ismail had attended a meeting for Parish Clerks and found it to be very interesting. The main points discussed were planning, antisocial behaviour orders, and audits.
Recording of Minutes: The Minute Book is almost full and will cost £90.05 plus VAT to replace. The Clerk had confirmed with OALC that there is no legal requirement to record the minutes in a minute book. It was agreed that when the book is full a loose leaf folder will be used with each page signed by the Chairman, numbered and dated.
Freedom of Information Act 2000 – Publication Scheme: Subject to Section 19 of this Act the Parish Council are required to adopt and maintain a publication scheme to be completed for approval by the Information Commissioner by 31st December 2002. Clerk to contact WODC for advice.
Oxford Association of Local Councils: The OALC is proposing a large increase in subscriptions and looking to extend their role. The Chairman will attend a special meeting to discuss these proposals.
Chestnut Drive Play Area: Mrs Moss had complained about children misbehaving on the play area. The Chairman and Mr Pearce had investigated and the problem will be monitored.
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The meeting closed at 9.55 pm and the next meeting will be held on Monday 11th November 2002 at 8.00 pm in the Tiddy Hall.