The following councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles, Mr R Rose (County Councillor), 1 member of the public was also present.
1. APOLOGIES: Apologies were received from Mrs H Hibbert-Biles (District Councillor).
2. MINUTES: The minutes of the meeting held on 6th January 2003 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Kerbing Around the Green: The Clerk had contacted OCC and the work should be carried out in mid March.
Martyrs Bench: Andy Jackson had produced a report on the condition of the tree in the centre of the Martyrs bench. Clerk to send it to the insurers. Action: Clerk
Railtrack: The work on the ditch and culvert is in the schedule of works but they cannot say when it will be done.
Vandalism: The damaged wall at the playing field has been repaired. Mr Pearce and the Chairman suggested removing the overhanging branches and the ivy on the nearby wall. Action: Mr Pearce
Sewage: Letters regarding the sewage problem have been sent to Thames Water and WODC.
Grasscutting: It was agreed to change the insurance for the mowers from Norwich Union to Cornhill in May at renewal. In the meantime Daniel Cook is not insured to use the mower. Mr Pearce to inform Shane Barnes. Action: Mr Pearce
Overgrown Hedge: Clerk had written to Mr Izod regarding the overgrown hedge near the bridge on Chipping Norton Road.
Fete: Clerk had written to Mr Stedeford confirming that the Church Fete will take place on the Recreation Ground on Saturday 12th July.
Conservation Area: After discussion it was agreed to ask the Conservation Officer to come and talk to the Parish Council at a later date when the agenda is not so full. Clerk to ask District Councillor if she would give an initial briefing when she has the time.
A letter had been received from Age Concern asking for a donation. This was refused since a donation had already been given to the Wychwood Day Centre.
A questionnaire on the state of the roads and drains had been received from OCC. Mr Pearce to complete and return. Action: Mr Pearce
Notification had been received that the Chipping Norton Road will be closed between the railway crossing and the junction with the A361 from 10th March for approximately three weeks for edge strengthening work. Clerk to put information on the web site: Action: Clerk
Notification had been received of the appeal for planning application W2002/1455 at 2A Shipton Road.
W2002/1943 DEMOLITION OF BUNGALOW AND ERECTION OF FOURTEEN DWELLINGS AND NINE GARAGES at 18 SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding.
There is to be a site visit on 27th February 2003
W2002/1100 (AMENDED) DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS & ERECTION OF TEN DWELLINGS & ONE SHOP at CORNER HOUSE FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding.
Due to go before Full Committee on 25th February 2003.
It had been brought to the attention of the Parish Council that the Dutch barn being built at Crown Farm (W2002/0714) may not be according to the plans. The Chairman had contacted WODC who will look into the matter.
Mr Fox reported that the external audit was complete and notices were displayed to this effect. The auditors had brought to our attention that fixed assets should be included in the accounts at market valuation. However it can be costly to obtain a full valuation of assets and the insurance value may be acceptable. It was agreed to defer the matter to the next meeting.
A receipt had not been obtained from Oddbins for two cases of wine bought in July. A letter confirming the order with the amount of £136.57 has been accepted as a receipt.
|WODC Waste Collection||
|S Barnes Grasscutting||
|W Greenaway – Wall Repair||
|OALC Notice of Meeting Posters||
|Mrs M Ismail ¼ yr Salary||
|Mrs M Ismail back pay||
|Mrs M Ismail Telephone||
7. REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR
Mr Rose gave an update on the campaign to save Langston House Residential Care Home. A proposal had been put to the Order of St John to extend the home by 12 more en suite bedrooms. Mr Rose had made enquires about the withdrawal of the bus service to Witney. There is to be a major review of bus services next year. In the meantime the service will be provided by the Wychwood villager voluntary minibus service.
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Darrell Penning of the shop steering committee asked if powerpoint projection equipment could be provided for the public meeting on 10th February. Chairman to make enquiries about hiring equipment. Action: Chairman
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
It was agreed not to increase the annual rents and leases for the pound, pavilion and playing field. The donation to the Grapevine is to stay at £200.
The December inspection of the playground equipment had shown three items at low/medium risk. Action: Mr Pearce
Mrs Byles asked if the Clerks salary was in line with the rates of pay in the Parish Council magazines. It was agreed that it was.
Mr Fox raised the question of the Parish Councils obligations under The Crime and Disorder Act. It was agreed to ask the police to give a talk on the subject at a future meeting. Action: Clerk
Mr Fox asked if there was anything the Parish Council could do about the problem of rubbish, mainly on the approach roads into the village. It was agreed to fix a date at the next meeting for a village campaign to clear it up.
Mrs Byles asked if there are any plans to celebrate 150 years of the Cotswold line. At present there are not.
The Chairman will talk to the owners of the bungalow at the corner of London Lane and High Street as their gate extends onto the pavement making if difficult to walk by without going into the road. Action: Chairman
The Chairman asked if anyone would be interested in registering for BT Broadband. If 300 people register BT will provide the service to the area. The Clerk to liaise with Milton and Shipton on the subject. Action: Clerk
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The meeting closed at 9.25pm and the next meetings are as follows:-
Parish Council and Shop Steering Group meeting 5th February 2003
Public Meeting to discuss shop 10th February 2003
Parish Council Meeting 10th March 2003