The following Councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman),
Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles. Also present were
and 2 members of the public. Mrs M Ismail, Parish Clerk was in attendance.
Mr Gerald Simper ,Voluntary Warden, introduced himself to the Parish Council and gave a short talk about his work for The Cotswold Conservation Board.
1. APOLOGIES Received from Mr R Rose, County Councillor
2. MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on 14th February 2005 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Vandalism: The vandalised street signs have now been replaced.
Risk Assessment: The shed on the pound has now been demolished. The bill of £625 for the work from Pete Moss was agreed. The clerk had contacted WODC to enquire about grants available for the tree work but there is no money available. Three quotes had been obtained and Mrs Byles had compared the estimates. This information was circulated and after discussion it was agreed to ask Niall Burman of Splitwood to do the work. Action: Chairman
Mrs Byles asked about the Parish Councils liability for Five Shilling Quarry. Various options were discussed for the area and it was agreed to ask Nick Dalby, Tree Officer, at WODC to do a survey before any decision are taken. Action: Chairman
Kerbing: No Progress
Post Box: The Oxford Mail Centre have indicated that it is unlikely that the post box will be replaced but have not given a definite no. It was agreed to contact them once more. Action: Clerk
Bank and Culvert Near Signal Box: The Chairman and Mike Pearce had a meeting with John Clarke the District Engineer but no progress was made. It was agreed to make representations on the matter to a higher authority. The flooding from the blocked culvert is getting serious, especially in bad weather. Mike Pearce to draft a strong letter which will be copied to Network Rail, J Clarke, Thames Water, David Cameron and The Office of the Rail Regulator. Action: Mike Pearce
Grass Cutting: Shane Barnes has accepted the contract for the grass cutting and the other companies who quoted have been informed. It was agreed that cutting should start immediately. Clerk to contact Shane Barnes. Action: Clerk
Speed Signs on London Lane: No progress
Water from Crown Farm: Mrs Byles and Mrs Ismail made a declaration of interest and left the room. Mrs Pearse then took the minutes. Crown Farm drains were rodded on Saturday March 12th and the spring in Heritage Lane stopped flowing, 48 hours later it was flowing again. The Chairman will contact Mr Shellard and Mr Clarke at WODC and inform the District Councillor. Dr Rosen from Arbour Cottage could be asked to take water samples. The Chairman will contact Geoff Lowe about the state of the planning application. Mrs Byles and Mrs Ismail then returned to the room. Action: Chairman
Footpath Sign: OCC countryside service have removed the damaged sign and do not intended to replace it because they say the sign on the opposite side of the road points to the same footpath. Mr Pearce pointed out that this was not the case. Clerk to contact countryside services again. Action: Clerk
London Lane Sign: No progress
Memorial Plaque: Work outstanding
Water on Chipping Norton Hill: The Chairman and Mr Pearce discussed this matter at their meeting with the county engineer but with no satisfactory outcome.
Overgrown Branches near the Railway Bridge: Mr Izod has agreed to cut these back.
Hazel Coppice on Allotments: The ground has been prepared.
Living Churchyards: No progress
Damaged Railings at Mill Lane Bridge: These have been renewed.
a) Wychwood Day Centre had written to thank the Parish Council for their donation.
b) A letter had been received from Childline, the children’s charity, requesting a donation. This was refused.
c) Information was circulated from The Standards Board regarding a review of the Code of Conduct for councillors.
d) A letter had been received from Thames Valley Police with information about re-structuring the service.
e) A letter had been received from Mr Wood, Headmaster of Windrush School requesting access to the Parish Council archives between 1991 – 1994. Clerk to contact Mr Wood. Action: Clerk
04/2165/P/: CHANGE OF USE FROM AGRICULTURAL/EQUESTRIAN ALLOWING LAND, COVERED ARENA, HORSE WALKER AND STABLES TO BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH EXISITING LIVERY BUSINESS AND NON COMPLIANCE WITH CONDITION 4 OF PLANNING PERMISSION W2001/0730 TO ALLOW OUTDOOR ARENA ALSO TO BE USED FOR THE PURPOSES OF LIVERY (RETROSPECTIVE) at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Deferred
05/0242/P/FP: ALTERATIONS AND ERECTION OF TWO STOREY REAR AND SIDE EXTENSIONS. NEW GLAZED SINGLE STOREY LINK TO BARN at
47 SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD. Outstanding
05/0298/P/FP ERECTION OF TWO STOREY REAR AND SINGLE STOREY SIDE EXTENSION at 49 SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD New
a) A report was circulated showing the cash forecast to 31st March 2006. Mr Fox explained that there would be a balance of £1800 after expenditure which is smaller than usual but should be sufficient to cover unexpected expenses.
There has been a loss of revenue since the football club are no longer using the playing field. The sports club are finding it increasing difficult to maintain the pavilion and may ask the Parish Council to take it on. It was agreed that the Chairman would speak to Roger Shepherd about arranging a meeting to establish exactly what the problems are. Mr Fox commented that the Parish Council would be allowed to donate money to the Sports Club under rule 137.
b) A temporary repair has been done by Peter Swann to the water supply pipe to the pavilion and this will need to be done properly in the near future. Roger Shepherd has asked Joe Gomm to quote.
c) The Tiddy Hill Committee will soon be submitting their application for new lighting and the Parish Council will provide 10% of the cost to enable the VAT to be reclaimed. Mr Fox said this would not affect the cash flow.
Payments In: £
Allotment Rent 105.00
Village Shop Donation 1500.00
Donation to Grapevine 250.00
Tiddy Hall Trustees-use of hall April 1st 2004 – 31st March 2005 140.50
Donation to Wychwood Day Centre 50.00
P Moss-demolition of Shed on Pound and making new 715.00
P Swann temporary pipe repair 192.77
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT No Report
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT No Report
9. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
a) Mr Fred Russell commented that a space had been left for the living churchyard scheme in the churchyard.
b) Q. Mr Fred Russell asked about the problem of lifting pushchairs over the kissing gate from Church View into the Churchyard.
A. It was agreed that this would be addressed if a written complaint is received from anyone.
c) Q. Mrs Debra Cull asked if anything could be done about cars being parked around The Green by people who do not live in the village. Cars are regularly parked there by someone from Milton who leaves the cars there and works on them. There is already a parking problem around The Green and Mrs Cull thought that these spaces were previously allocated to the teachers at the school because the school had paid for the work on the road to create the spaces.
A. The problem has been investigated previously and as the area is a public highway no law is being broken. The police have informed us that if the cars are taxed there is nothing they can do.
10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
a) A complaint has been received about the state of the road outside numbers 1 and 5 The Green. The road was repaired a few weeks ago but the standard of the work is very poor. Clerk to report to Highways. Action: Clerk
b) The date of the Annual Meeting was agreed as Monday 18th April 2005. Clerk to book hall and send out agendas. Action: Clerk
11. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
The meeting closed at 9.25 pm and the next meeting will be held on Monday 11th April 2005.