Councillors Present were: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles, Parish Clerk Mrs A M Barnes.
Apologies received from District Councillor Mrs Hilary Hibbert-Biles
Amendment to the the March minutes under Affordable Housing, line 3 where it reads “Subsidised houses are built by housing associations and are available to rent or part rent or buy”. This should read “Subsidised houses are built by housing associations and are available to rent or part buy”. The Minutes were agreed, dated, signed and filed.
3. MATTERS ARISING:
Post Box: Clerk has written to Royal Mail requesting that they reconsider their decision and offer a Post Box with a larger opening.
Cottsway/Chestnut Drive: Clerk has written to David Waters at Cottsway Housing Association expressing the Parish Councils frustration at the lack of response. A reply and apology has been received and the case has been passed to Stuart Edlington, Director of Operations with David Waters being copied in on actions and correspondence. A subsequent letter from Stuart Edlington has been received, who is now looking into this case and will report back to me accordingly.
Oxfordshire County Council Highways: Clerk has written to Ralph Grant at Oxfordshire Highways regarding the outstanding issues and reported that Mr. Grant had replied by return and advised that Paul Wilson, his deputy is dealing with all of the issues. Paul Wilson had replied with regards to London Lane 30 mph road sign and confirmed that Oxfordshire Highways could fund £2,000 of the quotation of £2,847 and the Parish Council would need to fund the balance. It was discussed and thought that this would need further consideration. Clerk to write and advise Paul Wilson.
Water/Drainage on Chipping Norton Hill and river bridge – Paul Wilson had advised Clerk that Oxfordshire Highways would be looking into this. Clerk to write again to Ralph Grant regarding this problem as the amount of surface water on the river bridge is dangerous and is getting worse. Clerk to request that this is addressed sooner rather than later.
Pavilion/Sports Clubs: It was reported that the Seat/Bench outside the entrance has been vandalised, this has been reported to the Police. It was also confirmed that the Lease has now been signed.
Shop Report: Stuart Fox reported that the Shop had lost Tammy Pratley, a part time member of staff and they were actively advertising for a replacement. It was also reported that the Shop was to appear on John Craven’s Country File on T.V. on Sunday 9th April at 11.30am. Stuart Fox confirmed that the shop had managed to pay £1000 off of its mortgage and turnover now seems to be averaging at £2500 per week
Parish Conservation Plan: It was reported that TOE had been approached and a copy of the grant application form had been received for completion. It was confirmed that they appeared to be very interested in the historical part of the Pound and AONB may well fund 50% of new stone that is required. Stuart Fox produced the application form and this was discussed how best to complete it, three quotations were needed. The Chairman had received two and so would endeavour to obtain a third.
Action Chairman/Stuart Fox
Annual Rent for The Pound: The £20 rent had been received from Mr and Mrs Burleigh and was given to Stuart Fox.
Walk through Ascott Leaflet: The final copy was circulated amongst the Councillors and it was agreed that a copy be sent to Gerald Simper to ensure that he was happy with the format and if so the Parish Council will go ahead and get the Leaflet printed.
Litter Pick: The litter pick on Saturday 25th March was a success with 15 bags of rubbish having been collected, albeit there were only 7 people who attended and helped. The Parish Council expressed their thanks to all who helped.
Rubbish/Waste: It was reported that on the Brasswell Lane / Kingstanding Farm entrance there were tyres, wheels and an old settee dumped there. Clerk to write to WODC to arrange for these to be collected and disposed of.
Hedgerows/Brambles on River Bridge and A361 joining Ascott Hill: Clerk had written to both Bill Izod and John Izod respectively and requested that the hedgerows be cut back and any dead wood be removed on the river bridge as recently a tree had fallen in front of one of the parish councillors cars.
Affordable Housing ORCC: The survey/questionnaire was discussed and there were no amendments or concerns. Clerk to write to James Alcock at ORCC confirming that the Parish Council were happy for him to send out the Housing Needs Survey.
Letter received from the Concertante Society requesting a donation. Clerk to write and decline, no funds available at this time.
Letter from BDO Chartered Accountants received with regards to the Annual Audit. Clerk passed this to Stuart Fox.
Action Stuart Fox
Letter received from WODC with regards to the Parish Council Election – for information.
Clerk had received a telephone call from Mr. Holden at 19 Church View with regards to the BT Telephone Box. He asked if the Parish Council could ask BT for this to be removed as he felt it was hardly used and was subject to vandalism. Clerk to write to Mr. Holden explaining that this would for British Telecom to decide and not a decision the Parish Council could make.
06/0424/P/FP – CHANGE OF USE FROM REDUNDANT BARN TO HAIRDRESSING SALON (Retrospective) at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
06/0425/P/FP – CHANGE OF EXISTING FARM WORKSHOP TO WORKSHOP & METAL ART STUDIO (Retrospective) a CROWN FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
06/0443/P/FP – ERECTION OF DETACHED GARDEN ROOM/STORAGE at 35 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
£22.50 Allotment Rent
£20.00 Annual Rent for the Pound
£64.89 Clerks Expenses
£426.00 Clerks quarterly Salary
£120.15 Inland Revenue
Stuart Fox reported that the Accounts would be finished this weekend and would be ready for the Annual Meeting on Monday 10th April. It was also reported that £115.71 had been collected for Dr. Scott’s retirement. Money to be given to Edna Naish.
Action Stuart Fox
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT
9. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
No Public Questions
10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Elaine Byles reported that the wall at the end of the Tiddy Hall was unsafe. It was thought that Roger Shepherd had been advised about this, but Elaine was going to phone Roger Shepherd to confirm.
Action Elaine Byles
The PCC has asked if The Green could be used on Saturday 8th July, 2006 for a PigRoast to mark the Queen’s 80th Birthday. This was agreed, Clerk to write to Roland Stedeford confirming.
5 SHILLING CORNER:
Nigel Braithwaite reported that he was due to meet the County Council’s Minerals & Waste Officer on site on Friday 7th April at 5 Shilling Corner to see if it was appropriate to fill this site and then for planning permission to be obtained. Nigel confirmed that he would be happy to continue with this project and advise the Parish Council accordingly.
11. NEXT MEETING
Meeting closed at 9.20 pm and the date of the next meeting is Monday 8th May, 2006 at 8.00 pm in the Tiddy Hall.