Councillors Present were:
Mr David Wilkinson
Mr Stuart Fox
Mrs Elaine Byles
Mrs Bridgette Crundwell
Ms Sally Franks
County Councillor: Mr Rodney Rose
Members of the Public:
Mr F Russell
Miss S Tustian
In Attendance: Mr James Alcock
Parish Clerk: Mrs A Barnes
There were three amendments to the September minutes, the first being under Parish Conservation Plan / The Pound on the third paragraph it should read “It was confirmed that the Long Barrow” and not “It was confirmed that the Stones”. The second amendment is under item number 8 Report from District Councillor where it reads “WODC would be holding a Well Weekend on 23rd and 24th September”, this should read “WODC will be holding a WOW weekend on 23rd and 24th September”. The third amendment is under item number 9 Public Questions on the third question this should read “Mrs Smith” and not “Mrs Baker”.
After these amendments were agreed the minutes of the September meeting were agreed, signed, dated and filed.
3. MATTERS ARISING:
Post Box: Ongoing
Cottsway / Affordable Housing: James Alcock attended the meeting to discuss the housing surveys that had been completed and returned. James advised that the potential needs, according to the survey results was the lack of small homes in the village and that the survey response was good at 40%. The next stage, should the Parish Council wish to continue, would be for suitable sites to be identified. These sites would be submitted to the Parish Council for their thoughts. It was reported that Cottsway would lead any project forward especially if the housing need was a small project.
Once the Parish Council had agreed a potential site James Alcock would arrange to meet the relevant planning officers and discuss. A meeting would then be held between the planners and the Parish Council. The final stage would be for a Register of Needs to be drawn up and then a decision would need to be made whether to carry the project forward. There would be no cost implications to the Parish Council.
After discussion it was decided by the Parish Council to appoint James Alcock to take this project to the next stage, this being identifying any potential sites. James will then report back accordingly.
The clerk reported that there had been a rapid response from Paul Wilson giving details of “white gates” on the entrances into the village. The cost of white gates could cost from £600 to £1000 per gate installed, however there are ways of reducing those costs and that is if the Parish Council or someone in the village either makes or gets the gates from someone other than OCC, it can work out a lot cheaper. OCC would then make arrangements for their installation, or if a local contractor were to be appointed they would need the required Street Works Certification and Third Party Liability of £5m.
After much discussion and advice from the County Councillor, it was not felt that the installation of white gates would not necessarily reduce the speeding problems and the decision to shelve this matter was made.
Railway & Culvert:
The Chairman reported that Railtrack had started to clear some of the area, but that the job was not complete. It was reported that there was still some dispute over the landowners on one part of the culvert which was holding completion of the job back. The chairman proposed to organise a group of people to clear the disputed land to keep the momentum going.
It was reported that the Fun Run was in progress, but only 20 entries had been received to date.
Stuart Fox reported that the shop had planned to purchase some new refrigeration units, but that the ORCC had put the shop in touch with a shop in Lewknor that was closing down, who had some refrigeration units to dispose of. The shop managed to obtain the new units free of charge, these can now been seen in the shop.
Parish Conservation Plan:
Stuart Fox reported that he had met with a member from the Parish Conservation Board at the Pound, but that the meeting had been rather disappointing. The representative from the Parish Conservation Plan was insistent that in order for him to put a positive recommendation for funding forward all 4 walls surrounding the Pound would need repairing. Stuart Fox pointed out that not all of the 4 walls were the Parish Council’s responsibility. This was a slight set-back to the project and Stuart was pessamistic on the outcome. Ongoing
5 Shilling Corner:
Stuart Fox had spoken with Nigel Braithwaite regarding this matter and it was reported that they were awaiting confirmation of a visit by the Badger people to survey the site. Ongoing
Bronze Barrow & Stones:
The Swan Public House:
The Clerk reported that the Licensing Team at WODC had written and confirmed that two meetings had been held at the Swan Public House with the new manager Mr Dale Ganter and also the Area Manager Ken Russell, together with PC Monks. It was reported that Mr Ken Russell had made it clear to the Licensing Team that Dale Ganter would be staying at the premises for the foreseeable future. The pub was looking to promoting food sales and moving away from the disco type environment. It was also reported that the pub was currently getting prices on a CCTV system to install into the premises and will get back to the Licencing Team once this had been done. The pub will, for the timebeing, close prior to midnight.
It was also reported that should the Parish Council wish to meet with the Area Manager, Ken Russell, he would be more than happy to attend a meeting. Ongoing
An Action Group is in the process of being made. Ongoing
Action Stuart Fox
The parking around the Green was discussed at length and it was decided that the Chairman would speak to Mr Wood, the headteacher at the school. The vehicle access to Crown Farm was also discussed and the Clerk was asked to find original plans and confirm with the enforcement team at WODC planning which access should be used for equestrian vehicles entering Crown Farm.
It was reported that the Clerk had received an email which had been circulated round the councillors on the procedures of having a building being made “listed”. Chairman to speak with Mary Smith to enquire if she would like to investigate this possiblity further.
It was reported that Clerk had contacted OCC Highways further to last month’s meeting and that Paul Wilson had forwarded this to Ben Weeks at the Environment & Economy Countryside Service, who had arranged for a maintenance team to visit the site. The work has now been satisfactorily carried out.
A letter had been received from the Citizens Advice Bureau requesting a donation to their worthy cause. It was decided that a £50 donation be sent.
Action Clerk/Stuart Fox
A letter had also been received from the Wychwood Project requesting a donation, after discussion it was decided to send a £50 donation.
Action Clerk/Stuart Fox
06/0424/P/FP CHANGE OF USE FROM REDUNDANT BARN TO HAIRDRESSING SALON (Retrospective) at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
06/1555/P/FP ERECTION OF TWO STOREY EXTENSIONS WITH NEW 3 BAY GARAGE at 1 PRIORY LANE, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
06/1728/P/FP ERECTION OF SINGLE STORE REAR EXTENSION AND INSERTION OF ROOFLIGHT TO REAR ROOF SLOPE.
5a. PLANNING REFERRALS
06/1197/P/FP ERECTION OF DETACHED GARDEN ROOM/STORAGE at 35 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD
PLEASE NOTE: It was reported that despite the above application having been refused by WODC a building had been erected at the address regardless. Mr Glen Lee the Enforcement (Investigative) Officer has written to the Parish Council and advised that WODC had visited the site to assess the situation and confirmed that it was his opinion that the matter does constitute a breach of planning control. Consequently retrospective planning permission will be required and the owner of the property has been notified accordingly.
04/2165/P/FP CHANGE OF USE FROM AGRICULTURAL TO AGRICULTURAL/EQUESTRIAN at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD
Deferred 10 Nov 2004
04/2165/P/FP CHANGE OF USE FROM AGRICULTURAL TO AGRICULTURAL/EQUESTRIAN WITH PROPOSED VEHICULAR ACCESS TO B4427 at CROWN FARM, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD
Granted 16 Jul 2005 (with conditions)
PLEASE NOTE: It has been reported to the Parish Council the access and parking problems around the Village Green and subsequent difficulties for the owner of Crown Farm accessing his property. Clerk to write to WODC Enforcement Officer to clarify the conditions that were applied to the above planning application with regards to vehicular access.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
Stuart Fox reported that the precept of £4300 had now been received and the Parish Council bank balance was now £7042. It was also reported that a new NALC financial regulations booklet had been received which did include some changes. This was distributed and it was recommended that all councillors read this and it will be discussed under Matters Arising at the November meeting.
ORCC Course for Chairman £30.00 (Section 137 Expenditure)
7. REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR
Mr Rodney Rose reported that due to Hailey’s Parish Council meeting being held on the same night as Ascott-under-Wychwood it had been unfortunate that he had been unable to attend some of the recent meetings due to his having attended Hailey’s. Mr Rose did express that should there be any issues which he could help with then the Parish Council should not hesitate to contact him. Mr Rose also reported that the Wychwood Fair was an excellent event.
8. REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
9. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
Q: Siobahn Tustian asked who organised the speed signs? Why had the Shipton Road end of the village not been included?
A: Chairman advised that he would speak to NAG and ask the question.
Q: Siobahn Tustian expressed concern about the size and style of steps which had been built outside a new dwelling in Church Close.
A: Councillors replied that without viewing the plans they could not comment. It was agreed that the Clerk would find the plans and this be included under matters arising next month.
10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There was a discussion with regards to the parking around the Village Green and it was decided that the Chairman would speak with the Headteacher, Mr Wood at the Windrush Primary School.
The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.00pm and confirmed the next meeting will be held on Monday 13th November at 8.00pm in the Tiddy Hall Room.