Members of the Public:
Apologies were received from Councillor David Wilkinson, who is away on holiday.
The July minutes were agreed, dated, signed and filed.
3 MATTERS ARISING:
Floods 20th/21st July 2007 – The severity of the floods in Ascott-under-Wychwood over the weekend 20th and 21st July were discussed. It was confirmed that the October meeting was to be in the main Tiddy Hall, whereby this matter would be discussed, within the ordinary agenda of the Parish Council monthly meeting. Clerk reported that numerous companies had been written to requesting they send a representative to the October meeting, these being:
Oxfordshire County Council
All companies have confirmed that a representative will attend.
OCC Highways – Clerk reported the manhole cover on the Green had now been replaced, but still no action on all oustanding items below. Clerk to chase again.
· Reinstatement of the grass verge around the Green; it was reported that there was no reason why this could not be reinstated and Paul Wilson confirmed he would look into the costings etc. etc. and report back to the Parish Council.
· Manhole Cover on the Green – Now actioned.
· Highways Sign on the Green; it was reported that this would be replaced
· Highways Sign on the bottom of Chipping Norton Hill – Paul Wilson confirmed that he would arrange for this sign to be made secure.
· Road Surface on Chipping Norton Hill – it was confirmed that a Job No. had been allocated and so works for this should be carried out soon
· Railway & Culvert; Clerk had now received a response from Belinda Young, acting on behalf of Savills for Cornbury confirming that she would appoint contractors to look at this issue. (Please also see reference under Hedgerow Chipping Norton Hill.
Pavilion/Sports Club – Ongoing.
Village Shop – Stuart Fox reported that the Shop had to close early on Saturday 8th September due to staff shortages.
Parish Conservation Plan – Stuart Fox reported that the dry stone wall was almost complete and that the next stage would need to be actioned i.e. clearing and levelling the site etc. Works will need to commence in time for the next staged grant funding. Shane Barnes to be asked to contact Stuart to discuss.
Schemes to accommodate the Freedom of Information Act – Ongoing clerk to contact previous clerk and discuss courses and prior information.
5 Shilling Quarry – Ongoing.
2a Shipton Road – Ongoing.
Crown Farm; The Village Green Parking – See OCC Highways Ongoing
Hedgerow Chipping Norton Hill – Savills had contacted David Wilkinson where it had been agreed, due to the flooding, the trees on the Chipping Norton hill could wait, but all other outstanding issues should now be addressed. Clerk to contact Belinda Young at Savills and request a plan of all the Cornbury land, boundaries, hedgerows etc. and ask for a date when the items below will be actioned.
· Oxfordshire County Council Highways had advised that the flooding on Chipping Norton Hill was due to a blocked culvert.
· It was reported that there is a tree on this land which is falling over on to the road – very dangerous.
· The field which runs behind High Street – the hedgerow is extremely overgrown and virtually impossible to pass.
· Any damaged walls etc. due to the flooding
Swan Public House: Ongoing
Post Office: John Naish has indicated that this will now be held in the Tiddy Hall – dates to be confirmed.
· Letter & Poster received from the Citizens Advice Bureau – Clerk had put poster up.
· Letter received from ORCC Nicola Ball introducing herself as successor to James Alcock.
· Letter received from OCC Highways requesting the Village to be vigilant as road signs were being stolen from across Oxfordshire and beyond.
· Letter received from Mr R Macaulay of Ascott Earl House with regards to the flooding. Clerk to write and acknowledge receipt of the letter and advise him of the October meeting.
07/0098/P/S73 NON-COMPLIANCE OF CONDITION to PLANNING APPLICATION 04/2165/P/FP – REQUESTING OCCASIONAL USE OF VILLAGE ACCESS FOR HORSE BOXES, LORRIES AND HORSE TRAILERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE EQUESTRIAN USE OF LAND at CROWN FARM ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
07/0223/P/FP CHANGE OF USE FROM FARM WORKSHOP TO METAL ART STUDIO (RETROSPECTIVE) at CROWN FARM ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD
07/1357/P/FP ALTERATIONS & ERECTION OF SINGLE AND TWO STOREY EXTENSIONS, WIDENING OF EXISTING DRIVEWAY at 37 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
07/1379/P/FP ERECTION OF TWO STOREY SIDE EXTENSION & CONVERSION OF LOFT, NEW PITCHED ROOF OVER GARAGE & CREATION OF CAR PORT at ROSE COTTAGE, 24 SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
07/1448/P/FP CONVERSION OF GARAGE INTO STUDIO at 4 DAWLS CLOSE, ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD.
Clerk to write to WODC Planning with regards to Windrush Valley School and the removal of the chimney stack and the numerous air vents having been inserted.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT:
Nothing to report re. payments in or payments out. Stuart Fox did ask the Parish Councillors to start thinking about expenditure for 2008 and the setting of the Precept. Clerk to note this on matters arising for the October meeting.
7. COUNTY COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLOR’S REPORT
Hilary Hibbert-Biles reported that she had attended one Environment Agency meeting and was due to meet again next wek with regards to the recent flooding. Hilary advised the Parish Council there was a “hardship fund” available and should anyone know of somebody who would benefit from this to speak with her in the first instance. Also the PC were asked to give some thought about possible sites for storing sand and bags for future use.
It was reported that the Oxfordshire Sports Partnership were hosting a sports evening later in the year and if a club, coach or indeed an individual wanted to nominate a sports person they could. Hilary advised that the West Oxfordshire Week was due to run from 17th to 23rd September.
It was reported that the new shopping development at Witney was set to include Debenhams and Marks & Spencer amongst others. Hilary advised the PC that there are achievement grants and village hall grants available – again speak with her first to find out about eligibility.
Hilary reported that she would be meeting with the Chief Constable next week to discuss policing and then went on to report on the status of Chipping Norton Hospital. It was reported that the plans are out to committee in November and if these are passed then break ground should be by March. At the moment there are no plans for a Minor Injuries Unit and the bed capacity will be 16 beds for intermediate care. The midwifery unit will also move to the new site. Hilary also advised there is to be an “Electric Blanket Check” on 23rd October, where people can have their electric blankets safety checked.
9. PUBLIC QUESTIONS:
Q: Siobhan Tustain asked if anybody had seen the PCSO’s?
A: Nobody had.
Q: Siobhan Tustain asked who was responsible for the repair to the stone wall by the Green?
A: Elaine Byles advised this was Cornbury’s responsibility and it had been reported.
10. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Stuart Fox advised the PC they would need to carry out the annual risk assessment. Clerk to note this under matters arising for the October meeting.
It was reported that Mr Hickson had spent several hours cutting back one of the hedgerows, which is the responsibility of Cornbury. Clerk to write and thank Mr Hickson on behalf of the PC and to chase Belinda Young at Savills again.
The PC also asked the Clerk to write to Andrew Jackson, of the Village, thanking him for his bravery and help during the weekend of the floods.
Elaine Byles, Chairperson in David Wilkinson’s absence declared the meeting closed at 9.50pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 8th October 2007 in the Tiddy Hall.