Parish Councillors Present:
Vice Chairperson, Elaine Byles asked the Councillors to consider the position of the Ascott Recovery Committee (ARC). The Parish Council had been asked to respond to ARC’s request for a Mandate confirming how they would operate in conjunction with the Parish Council. The Parish Council’s Mandate is as follows:
- The Parish Council would assume ultimate responsibility to deal with all matters relating to the recent floods, receive reports from various sources and where possible act on these or apply pressure to local and national agencies to take remedial action to reduce the risk of future flooding.
- The Parish Council regard ARC as a group of volunteers who are able to assist the Parish Council in its aims when requested.
- The Parish Council would assume that ARC be open to any member of the Parish and would be run by a “self appointed committee”. The elected Chairman would report to the Parish Council. The Parish Council would always endeavour to send one representative to any ARC meetings.
- The Parish Council would look to ARC to provide volunteers for any physical works and to establish a system of communication for any future emergency.
- The Parish Council would look to ARC to identify any of its members and others in the village who have an area of expertise and to assist the Parish Council in gathering and collating this information.
- The Parish Council would look to ARC to organise working parties and self-help groups and to formulate a plan to accommodate any future emergency in conjunction with the Parish Council.
- The Parish Council would look to ARC to compile and hold a register/database of contact details, compile a register of skills which could be used to deal with any emergency and First Aid, Key Holders (Church, Tiddy Hall, Shop) etc.
- The Parish Council would look to ARC to compile and hold a register of equipment and its location i.e. sandbags etc.
Elaine Byles then declared this Extraordinary Meeting closed at 8.00pm, after which the Ordinary Meeting commenced.