With average energy bills totaling over £1,000, the cost of keeping your home warm can be too much. Currently 5 million people in the UK cannot afford to pay for the heat they need.
To tackle this problem the United Sustainable Energy Agency, in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council, the five district councils and Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust, have launched a free phone helpline to advise residents in Oxfordshire how they can keep their properties warm over winter whilst keeping their fuel bills down.
Anyone who is struggling with their fuel bills can call for free, impartial advice on:
- Improving the energy efficiency levels of your property through cavity wall and loft insulation including the grants available
- Warm Front grants to help with heating system replacements
- Switching energy suppliers to find the best deal
- Social tariffs provided by the energy companies for vulnerable customers
- Advice on fuel debt
- Home Improvement Agencies who undertake minor repairs for vulnerable home owners
- Sign posting to other active support organisations
- Information on improving your energy efficiency to cut your energy bills
The phone number is 0800 1070044 and is available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.