Parish Councillors Present:
- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Charlotte and Anthony Wood
- Rosemary Dawbarn
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and VICE CHAIRMAN:
Cllr Crundwell proposed that Cllr Morgan be re-elected as Chairman, this was seconded by Cllr Mellor. Cllr Carter proposed Cllr Crundwell be re-elected as Vice-Chairman and this was seconded by Cllr Morgan.
Received from CCllr Rodney Rose and DCllr Hilary Hibbert-Biles
3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 11 April were agreed, but would need to be signed at the June meeting as the Minute Book was with the internal auditor.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. PUBLIC TIME
Cllr Morgan welcomed the members of the public and invited them to address the meeting. Charlotte Wood, Anthony Wood and Rosemary Dawbarn expressed to the meeting their frustration at the building works being carried out at 35 High Street. The Clerk was asked to write to WODC Planning and request a site visit as soon as possible.
35 High Street – please refer to Public Time. Ongoing
11/0498/P/FP Installation of air source heat pump at 5 Maple Way – No objections
11/0434/P/FP Erection of single storey rear extension with roof terrace above at Arbourcote House, 29 London Lane – No objections
11/0455/P/FP Erection of single storey side and rear extension at 8 Heritage Lane – No objections
11/0504/P/FP Installation of air source heat pump at 12 Dawls Close
11/0439/P/FP Erection of two storey and single storey rear extension and insertion of two dormer windows to front elevation at 3/5 Church View
The planning application above was reviewed and there were concerns with regard to the provision for drainage/sewage. The original plans show 3 manhole covers and the proposed application would appear to cover these over. The Clerk was asked to write to WODC asking for clarification.
Station Place (formerly 2A Shipton Road) being renamed Gilbert’s Keep – Ongoing
9. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that the Snow Plough is scheduled for delivery in September and confirmed that he was in the process of getting quotes for a gritter/spreader.
10. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB/PAVILION
Cllr Mellor reported that he had spoken to Roger Shepherd who confirmed he would remove the red benches from the Pavilion, which were now surplus to requirements.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
- Fencing the south west corner of the Sports Field – the Clerk has instructed NTG Fencing to commence works, but this had not been started. The Clerk was asked to chase and enquire when works would start Ongoing
- Re-landscaping the play area – this was now complete and a decision to replenish the playbark should be made during the third phase of the Village Walkabout Ongoing
- To reinstate the stone road from the bottom of the playing field entrance to the top of the Pavilion entrance – three quotes have been received; £2200, £3420 and £2890 respectively – after discussion it was agreed that the quotation for £2200 be accepted and the works started. The Clerk was asked to ask the contractor if this could be done before the Village Fete on Saturday 11 June – Ongoing
12. VILLAGE MAINTENANCE:
- Notice Boards – Cllr Mellor reported that the three Notice Boards were now complete and one had been erected at the bottom of High Street/London Lane. The other two would be erected on Wednesday.
- Refuse bins being left on the highway outside properties – Ongoing
- The third phase of the Village Walkabout was discussed and a date fixed for Saturday 4 June to meet at the Village Pound at 10am.
Cllr Crundwell proposed a formal vote of thanks to Cllr Mellor for his hard work on the Notice Boards.
13. RISK ASSESSMENT:
It was agreed that once the third phase of the Village Walkabout had been done, this would complete the Risk Assessment and the list of outstanding works to be carried out in the Village.
14. MATTERS ARISING:
Ascott-under-Wychwood Village Charity:
- Ditch on the Charity Land – Cllr Marshall agreed to speak with John Cull – Ongoing
- Landscaping the bank which is now free of weeds following the upgrade to the ditch opposite Sunset House – Cllr Morgan reported that this had been agreed in principle by OCC and NR – final details to be confirmed Ongoing
- Salt Bins and gritting/clearing the roads (preferred routes) : OCC have been asked to install two new grit bins. The first one to be sited in Church View on the verge adjacent to the Pound. The second one to be sited on Shipton Road, on the bends to the west verge clear of the BT box and pumping station Ongoing
- Cllr Morgan confirmed that the bins had been replenished with stock. The grit bin sited in the Tiddy Hall car park is damaged and the Clerk was asked to ask OCC again to replace it . Ongoing
- The discharge of water on to London Lane in front of Mrs Beveridge’s house needs following up. One site visit has been carried out and some rodding done, but water is still running out. OCC (Gordon Hunt) has written and confirmed that works will be carried out this year. It was agreed that the Parish Council would monitor Ongoing
- Saplings/vegetation on the west side verge between 12 and 18 London Lane – Cllr Morgan reported that OCC have agreed this will be cut back and that some of the potholes in London Lane will be addressed Ongoing
14. MATTERS ARISING Cont’d:
Cllr Crundwell reported that the shop was taking part in the Local Food Week, which is running from 7 to 14 May.
Natural History Project:
The Clerk reported that Nick Mottram from the Wychwood Project unfortunately could not make the May meeting, but has confirmed he can attend the June meeting.
Cllr Morgan reported that he had spoken with OCC Highways and was waiting for a response on procedures.
15. FINANCIAL REPORT:
£5250.00 WODC Precept
£188.00 WODC Precept
£205.97 HMRC VAT Refund
£1434.62 Zurich Insurance
£476.00 Wychwood Wrought Iron
£150.00 S Barnes (repairs to play equipment)
£356.08 Cllr Mellor (Notice Board costs)
Nothing to report
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Crundwell referred to an article in The Wychwood magazine noting that Shipton and Milton had planted an orchard and wondered if Ascott could identify any suitable land
- Cllr Crundwell suggested that maybe the Village could organise a Volunteer Group to carry out simple necessary tasks around the Village.
- Cllr Carter referred to the kerb stones on the opposite side to the Station Place development. Cllr Marshall agreed to speak with the Site Manager and ask if they could be replaced/resited.
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 10.05pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 13 June 2011