- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Philippa Carter
- Laurence Mellor
- Pauline Marshall
Responsible Financial Officer:
- Stuart Fox
- Angela Barnes
Members of the public:
- Nigel & Anne Braithwaite
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 12 March 2012 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. RISK ASSESSMENT:
Cllr Morgan presented the final Risk Assessment document to 31 March 2012. It was agreed that the document was a true record and had been subject to review throughout the year.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
Accounts to 31 March 2012
Stuart Fox, the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) presented the Accounts for the year to 31 March 2012 to the meeting. These were discussed, approved and duly signed as a true record. The Clerk was asked to file a copy in the Minute book.
The Annual Return was presented to the meeting. The Accounting Statement was read and approved as a true record. The Annual Governance Statement was read and approved as a true record. The Annual Return was duly signed and dated by the Chairman and the Clerk.
The RFO reported that the Parish Council had been randomly selected, by the External Auditors BDO LLP, to receive the intermediate audit questionnaire as part of the 5% sample of basic audits. The intermediate questionnaire was presented and read to the meeting by the RFO. The Clerk and the RFO would collate the requested information to support the questionnaire so that the Accounts to 31 March 2012, the Annual Return and supporting documentation could be submitted to BDO LLP, the External Auditors.
£788.88 Cotswold Stone 100806
£18.30 World of Color 100807 (printing for Annual Meeting)
£400.00 Ascott Grapevine 100808
£756.25 E Cambray 100809 (building wall at Railway)
£298.87 A K Timms 100810 (materials for wall)
£7.50 World of Color 100811 (printing for Annual Meeting)
£150.00 Tiddy Hall rent 100812
£76.80 Patrick Edwards 100813 (mower parts)
£225.13 B & S Chains 100814 (Play Equipment repairs)
£29.81 P Carter 100815 (paint for Play Equipment)
£7,275.00 WODC Precept
£107.50 Allotment rents (£15 still owing from Pauline Plant, Plot No. 2)
£17,382.87 of which £12,710.58 is general Parish Funds
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
8. PUBLIC TIME:
Cllr Morgan welcomed Nigel and Anne Braithwaite and invited them to address the meeting. Nigel reported that the planning application for The Swan Public House had been refused and asked if the PC had decided on forming a sub-committee. Cllr Morgan reported that a sub-committee would be made up of three councilors and three group members and that the Terms of Reference were on the Agenda for discussion.
9. THE SWAN PUBLIC HOUSE:
Cllr Morgan presented the draft Terms of Reference and invited any comments. The Terms were approved by the PC and Cllr Morgan agreed to send them to the three group members known as and referred to as the Volunteers. It was further agreed that any amendments proposed by the Volunteers to the Terms of Reference could be decided upon by the Parish Council members on the sub-committee.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/0546/P/FP Alterations to existing vehicular access at Pyrton Poultry Farm, Station Road, Shipton-under-Wychwood – New
- 12/0456/P/FP Erection of Summerhouse at 1 Station Place – New
- 12/0187/P/FP Construction of replacement dwelling with associated landscaping and alterations to existing access at 25A London Lane – Granted
- 11/1870/P/OP Removal of existing outbuilding and erection of new dwelling at The Swan 4 Shipton Road Ascott-under-Wychwood – Refused refer to Item No. 8
Cllr Mellor reported that a parishioner had approached him with regard to 5A Shipton Road and the insertion of dormer windows. The Clerk was asked to speak with WODC Planning to confirm the status of the building works being carried out.
11. THE WYCHWOOD DAY CENTRE:
The Clerk reported that this was brought forward from last year to consider a donation to the Centre. Cllr Crundwell proposed a donation of £150, this was seconded by Cllr Marshall and agreed unanimously. The Clerk was asked to organise a cheque for signature at the next meeting.
12. QUEENS DIAMOND JUBILEE:
- Jubilee Tree – The Clerk reported that she had chased CCllr Rose for confirmation, but had not yet had a reply.
- Cleaning of the Plaque – Ongoing, Cllr Morgan agreed to chase.
13. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Ivy had been cut back along the Church wall and the debris had been put on a bonfire. She asked the Clerk to note her thanks to the group that had carried out the task of digging at the Station. The next meeting was planned for Monday 30 April when work on the bank on the opposite side of the station and the playground would be carried out.
Cllr Carter reported that part of the Station Enhancement included planting red, white and blue plants to celebrate the Jubilee. She reported on the issue of the lights at the Station platform and that this was still not sorted. It was suggested that a petition be drawn up for parishioners to sign on their thoughts on the current status of the lights. This would then enable the PC to gauge the response and if necessary put forward to Network Rail to address. Cllr Carter agreed to do this and place it in the Village Shop.
14. VILLAGE PLAN:
The Clerk was asked to carry this forward.
15. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that he and Cllr Mellor had met with three equipment representatives.
16. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that the Senior Football team were doing well and had asked him if they would be able to hold a Football Tournament in the summer. This was agreed in principle, but confirmation of the date etc. would need to be known. They have commented on the grasscutting and the pitch which was in very good condition. It was mentioned that the tractor wheels seem to have touched and marked the goal posts. The Clerk was asked to speak to the contractor.
Cllr Mellor reported on a Summer Plan for the Playing Field; the Football Team have offered to loan some junior goal posts and Cllr Mellor suggested marking out a Rounders Pitch and a Cricket Square for the children to use throughout the summer.
17. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that the cutting back of the Reeds was ongoing. She reported that the Environment Agency (EA) had finally surveyed the land with the bunds and swales on in order for them to re-draw their flood map.
Cllr Mellor reported that he would now focus on the winter resilience and getting it up to date.
The Clerk reported that all rents, apart from one, had been received. Cllr Mellor reported that plots 4 and 12 are still vacant.
19. MATTERS ARISING:
County Councillor Highways & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund)
Cllr Morgan reported that he now had the form and would complete it.
Nothing to report.
Natural History Project:
Cllr Morgan reported that £137 had been ring fenced for the PC to use on this project. It was suggested that this be raised at the September meeting.
- Cotswold Lion Issue 26 Spring/Summer 2012
- Oxfordshire County Council – Letter re New Dial-a-Ride service
21. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
It had been brought to the PC’s attention that water was leaking in the field at the end of High Street, beyond Yew Tree. The Clerk would contact Cornbury.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.40pm and confirmed the next meeting would be the Annual Village Meeting, to be held on Monday 30 April at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall. The meeting for May will be held on Monday 21 May and will be the Annual General Meeting.