- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Angela Barnes
- Hugo Pickering and Adrian Wooster
The Clerk reported that apologies had been received from Cllr Laurence Mellor, Cllr Philippa Carter and Cllr Pauline Marshall.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 11 June 2012 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. TRANSITION CHIPPING NORTON & COTSWOLD BROADBAND LIMITED:
Cllr Morgan welcomed Hugo Pickering and Adrian Wooster from Transition Chipping Norton and Cotswold Broadband Limited and invited them to address the meeting. Hugo and Adrian gave a short presentation explaining the dynamics of fibre optic broadband and that they would like to use Ascott-under-Wychwood as one of their pilot projects to promote super fast broadband. They reported that an Investment Prosepectus would be available in September and they would like to give a formal presentation to the Village on Friday 7 September for one day, but would welcome the full support of the Parish Council. Cllr Morgan thanked them both for coming to the meeting and said that once he had managed to speak to the Councillors that were not present at the meeting he would get back in touch with them.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- 100826 Print Run £332.80
- 100827 Clerks quarterly expenses £138.61
- 100828 Clerks quarterly salary £530.53
- 100829 Post Office HMRC PAYE £72.63
- OCC BACS payment grasscutting £1,029.80
- Mrs Pauline Plant Allotment Rent £15.00
- General fund £18,679.17
- Rail Enhancement Fund £1,190.29
- Big Society Fund £4,100.00
- Playground £47.39
6 COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7 DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
8. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/0119/B/FP/O Building Regulations Application at 5A Shipton Road
10. VILLAGE PLAN:
The clerk was asked to carry this forward.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that the Red Horse Public House in Shipton-under-Wychwood had some surplus picnic benches available, which were very sturdy. He agreed to find out some more information.
12. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Morgan reported that session held on Monday 25 June 1pm to 4pm had been successful, albeit only 4 helpers attended.
13. MATTERS ARISING:
Annual Village Meeting
The Clerk reported that OALC have advised that it is not a statutory requirement for a Parish Council to read reports out in the absence of a representative being present. A report can be taken as read and included in the recorded minutes.
Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG)
Due to circumstances beyond control the Clerk, Chairman, Vice Chair and RFO had not managed to meet to prepare the document for approval and adoption. The Clerk reported that some more dates to meet up were being discussed.
County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund)
- River Bridge – £395 to allow for clearance of the existing grips and channels adjacent to the bridge and any necessary clearance to the gully and its outfall.
- London Lane – £948 to allow for the removal of all vegetation and trees likely to destabilise the wall. The scheme will be limited to those areas without nesting birds.
Cllr Morgan reported that quotations had been received from OCC for the above works. Ongoing
Natural History Project
(Carry forward to September)
Network Rail Notice Board
It would appear that this has now been removed.
- Letter from Oxford University Hospitals – Foundation Trust (Poster already displayed)
- Letter from WODC enclosing new Code of Conduct – emailed
- OALC June Update – emailed
- OALC Parish Forum 4 July – emailed
15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Morgan reported that he had been asked by a parishioner whose responsibility it was to clean the plaque by the Church gates. Cllr Morgan reported that he advised the parishioner it was the responsibility of the Parish Council.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.35pm and reminded the meeting that there was no meeting in August and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 10 September 2012 at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.