- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
The Clerk reported that apologies had been received from Cllr Rob Morgan, Cllr Laurence Mellor and CCllr Rodney Rose.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
The Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 2 July 2012 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed by the Vice Chair, Cllr Bridgette Crundwell.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Chq 100831 BDO LLP Audit Fee £162.00
- Chq 100832 RoSPA Inspection £75.60
- Ascott Jubilee (Playground fund) £1404.00
Bank Balance: £18,242.96
General fund £11,338.51
Station Enhancement Fund £1,190.29
Big Society Fund £4,100.00
The Clerk reported that BDO LLP had concluded the external audit. She reported that the auditors had supplied an Issues Arising Report for the Parish Council, which raised one issue:
Risk assessment not minuted during year.
What is the issue?
The council have not minuted its review of the effectiveness of internal control including its risk assessment during the year ended 31 March 2012. A risk assessment was undertaken and reported to the council after the year end. The risk assessment has been reviewed and is deemed adequate.
What do we recommend you do?
The council must ensure that the risk assessment is reviewed and this review is minuted at least once a year before the end of each financial year. This review for the council to evidence as a whole that they are satisfied that all the risks facing the council have been identified and safeguards have been put in place to protect against those risks.
The Clerk reported that she had filed a copy of Issues Arising Report in the Minute Book for reference. She reported that the Risk Assessment would be included on the Agenda for discussion and review quarterly.
The Clerk reminded the councilors to consider any capital projects and or items of expenditure that would need to be budgeted for when setting the Precept. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the October meeting.
5. STANDING ORDERS:
The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the October meeting.
6. RISK ASSESSMENT:
The risk assessment for 2012/13 was reviewed, together with the RoSPA report. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the October meeting.
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
The Clerk reported that she had received an email from CCllr Rodney Rose advising that all County Councillors now have a personal £10k pot to share between the Parishes in their Division. This must be spent by the end of the financial year (31 March 2013). This could be for Village Halls, any Charity ie sport etc.) Cllr Carter agreed to look into this.
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that WODC were 5th in the Country for its recycling programme. She reported that a recycling site at Greystones would be going to planning, possibly in October. DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that the Local Development Framework (LDF) had been moved forward to October. She reported that Agrivert had won the Green Apple Award for their food waste recycling.
9. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/1264/P/FP Erection of single and two storey side extensions to form additional accommodation. Erection of detached two bay garage with office, store and plant room (Amendments to allow conversion of loft and insertion of four dormer windows to South East elevation) at 20 London Lane.
11. VILLAGE PLAN:
The clerk was asked to carry this forward.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Carter discussed the play equipment project and confirmed with DCllr Hibbert-Biles that WODC do have funding available. The RoSPA report was discussed and the Clerk was asked to include this in the October Agenda and monthly update.
13. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Carter reported that Fire Protection had carried out an inspection on the extinguishers. She also reported that Moles were present in the field again.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that the Environment Agency (EA) had completed their re-modeling of the Evenlode and that a meeting has been arranged between the EA and the parish councilors to discuss the new flood plan to be posted on the EA website shortly. Cllr Marshall reminded the meeting that the Village Charity still had £600 available for flood relief.
15. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers would be meeting again in the Autumn and that the Station bank will be replanted. Cllr Marshall reminded the meeting that the Village Charity still had £759 available for planting.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG)
County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund)
The Clerk reminded the meeting that two quotations, below, had been received from OCC to carry out the works.
- River Bridge – £395 to allow for clearance of the existing grips and channels adjacent to the bridge and any necessary clearance to the gully and its outfall.
- London Lane – £948 to allow for the removal of all vegetation and trees likely to destabilise the wall. The scheme will be limited to those areas without nesting birds.
The Clerk was asked to contact Matthew Timms and Ian Clark from OCC Highways again to organise a site visit/walkabout. This would enable the quotations to be discussed, together with the CCllrs personal £10k pot to be shared between Parishes – see Item 7 above. Cllr Carter asked to be included in the walkabout when a date has been arranged.
Natural History Project
The Clerk reported that the event scheduled for Friday 7 September had been re-scheduled for Tuesday 25 September and would be held in the Tiddy hall from 7pm to 9pm.
- Clerks & Councils Direct July and September issues
- The Playing Field OPFA Summer 2012
- Letter from Audit Commission confirming BDO LLP has been appointed as the external auditors
- CLPG Autumn 2012 edition
- OALC July & August Updates (Emailed)
- Cotswold Broadband – email cancelling 7 September event due to technical difficulties (Emailed)
- RoSPA Inspection carried out in July 2012 by Playsafety Limited (Emailed)
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Cllr Crundwell reported that the dog bin on the Pound had not been emptied. The Clerk agreed to chase this up with WODC.
There being no further business Cllr Crundwell declared the meeting closed at 8.57pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 8 October 2012 at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.