- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Angela Barnes
The Clerk reported that apologies had been received from Cllr Bridgette Crundwell, CCllr Rodney Rose and DCllr Hibbert-Biles.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 10 September 2012 were agreed, duly signed, dated and filed by the Chair, Cllr Rob Morgan.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Chq 100833 WODC Commercial Waste £69.94
- Chq 100834 Clerks quarterly expenses £126.57
- Chq 100835 Grasscutting £3,200.00
- Chq 100836 Clerks quarterly net salary £530.53
- Chq 100837 Post Office HMRC PAYE £72.63
- Chq 100838 Laurence Mellor £47.60
- Chq 100839 Laurence Mellor £407.00
- Interest £2.96
Bank Balance: £14,246.25
General fund £7,705.58
Station Enhancement Fund £1,190.29
Big Society Fund £3,645.40
This was discussed and Cllr Mellor asked the Clerk to notify Stuart (RFO) that he would like provision made in the Precept for £400 for salt, £700 for staff/running costs and insurance- and £200 for servicing machinery. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the November meeting in order for PC to set the Precept figure.
5. STANDING ORDERS:
The Clerk was asked to circulate the proposed Standing Orders to all Councillors for consideration and adoption at the November meeting.
6. RISK ASSESSMENT
Cllr Morgan would circulate the Risk Assessment for 2012/13 to all for discussion at the November meeting. Cllr Morgan reported that the Councillors’ Village Walkabout would need to be re-scheduled. Suggested dates were Monday 29 October and Tuesday 30 October between 10am and 12noon. The Clerk was asked to email Cllr Crundwell the suggested dates. The RoSPA report was discussed and Cllr Mellor reported that a Big Society bid had been submitted. Please refer to Item number 12.
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
9. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/1369/P/FP Chaundy Barn, 45 High Street – Refused
- 12/1374/P/FP 21 High Street – Ongoing
- 12/1389/P/FP The Swan, 4 Shipton Road – Ongoing
11. VILLAGE PLAN:
Initial discussions for a Village Plan were held and it was agreed that this would be work-in-progress for 12 months and an outline programne would be produced. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the Agenda in January.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Mellor reported on the molehills and the methods used to stop them. It was suggested and agreed that in future the recreation ground and facilities would be closed whilst any form of pest control was taking place. It was brought to the PC’s attention that there was a large amount of animal fouling – it was confirmed that this was from wild animals and not dogs. Cllr Mellor reported that it had been brought to his attention that user groups were parking by the play equipment. Cllr Mellor agreed to speak with all users and ask them to park sensibly. Cllr Mellor reported that the Fun Run was due to be held on Sunday 28 October and that the Big Society bid had been applied for.
13. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Carter reported that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) was going to be held on Wednesday 7 November at 7.20pm at the Pavilion.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported on a meeting with the Environment Agency (EA) to discuss new mapping. She reported that a new flood map was due to be published on 8 November. The collecting of grit/water at the bottom of Chipping Norton hill was discussed and it was agreed that this should be brought to the attention of OCC. Cllr Carter reported that Fisheries were in discussion with Langley Mill regarding the fish stock.
Cllr Mellor reported on the Winter Resilience plan and that he and Cllr Morgan were preparing the base for a shed to store equipment.
15. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that on Saturday 20 October between 9am and 12noon the Helpers were meeting to spruce up the playground. She also reported that bank at the Station was going to be stripped and that sleepers which had been donated by NR would be converted into a planting trough.
16. CHRISTMAS CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
The preparations were discussed and agreed as follows:
- This would be held on Christmas Eve (Monday 24 December) at 6.30pm
- 25’ to 30’ tree to be sourced from Bruern and to be delivered to the Village Green on Friday 30 November and erection to take place on Saturday 1 December at 10am. The Clerk was asked to ask Shane Barnes and Robin Walker if they were available to help with the erection of the tree.
- The Clerk was asked to produce A5 posters to be included in the Grapevine delivery and 4 A4 posters to be put up on each notice board and one in the Village shop.
- It was agreed that the beneficiary from the collection would be The Wychwood Day Centre
- Cllrs Morgan and Mellor agreed to check the electricity box on the Green and the lights
- Songsheets – Cllr Carter agreed to check the amount of songsheets to ensure there were enough to go around
- Buckets/collectors – it was agreed to co-opt helpers to ensure there are plenty of buckets and collectors
- PA system/megaphone – it was agreed that this would be beneficial so that the whole of the congregation can hear the speaker.
- Tables – Cllr Morgan agreed to source these from the Church
- Refreshments – these would be mince pies and mulled wine with Christmas sweets for the children. It was agreed to ensure that there was enough mulled wine this year as last year it ran out.
17. MATTERS ARISING:
Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG)
It was reported that the film evening was a success. The Clerk was asked to speak to the Membership Secretary with regard to the PC’s subscription.
County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund)
The Clerk reminded the meeting that two quotations, below, had been received from OCC to carry out the works.
- River Bridge – £395 to allow for clearance of the existing grips and channels adjacent to the bridge and any necessary clearance to the gully and its outfall.
- London Lane – £948 to allow for the removal of all vegetation and trees likely to destabilise the wall. The scheme will be limited to those areas without nesting birds.
A site visit / village walkabout was scheduled for Monday 15 October 2012. This would enable the quotations to be discussed, together with the CCllrs personal £10k pot to be shared between Parishes.
The presentation held on Tuesday 25 September in the Tiddy Hall was informative, but unfortunately the attendance was very poor.
- OALC September Update (Emailed)
- Email correspondence from Peter Greening re the Playing Field
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- The Clerk was asked to put the NR Licence on the November agenda.
- Cllr Carter asked the PC to confirm that there was a designated area on the allotment site for them to burn waste – this was confirmed
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 10.00pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 12 November 2012 at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.