- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Pauline Marshall
- Rodney Rose
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
There were two amendments to the Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 8 October 2012, these were (i) Cllr Mellor asked the Clerk to record that under Item No. 4 Financial Report that the two cheque numbers 100838 and 100839 should read Shed and not Laurence Mellor. (ii) Cllr Carter asked the Clerk to record under Item No. 15 Helpers of Ascott-under-Wychwood that a designated burning area on the Allotment site had been identified for the Helpers. With these two changes the Minutes of the meeting held on Monday 8 October 2012 were agreed, duly dated and signed by Cllr Morgan and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Kersten £4,368.24 Chq No 100840
- World of Color £32.25 Chq No 100841
- L Mellor (shed) £313.62 Chq No 100842
- P Carter (railway) £241.47 Chq No 100843
- WODC £7,275.00 Precept
- General fund £10,782.82
- Station Enhancement Fund £1,190.29
- Big Society Fund (Snow Winter resilience) £2,859.28
- Playground £1,426.55
This was discussed at length, together with the potential expenditure that the PC faced. The councillors agreed that further thought, for discussion at the December meeting, was necessary. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward.
5. STANDING ORDERS:
The Clerk had circulated the modified Model Standing Orders for Local Councils for approval and adoption. Cllr Morgan proposed that these be adopted, this was seconded by Cllr Carter and agreed unanimously. The Clerk would provide a hard copy of the Model Standing Orders for each of the councillors.
6. RISK ASSESSMENT
Cllr Morgan presented the Risk Assessment to the meeting. This was discussed and reviewed and unanimously agreed that all risks facing the Parish Council had been identified.
7. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
CCllr Rose gave a report and advised the Parish Council that funding would not be guaranteed in the next financial year and that they should budget accordingly. He reported on the Big Society application Safe Play for funding for the play equipment. The £2k that had been requested was agreed and Cllr Mellor would complete the form.
8. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
DCllr Biles reported that Oxfordshire had received a number one for recycling and that she had attended the House of Commons to be presented with the Green Apple Award. She reported that the Local Development Framework (LDF) was still in discussion.
9. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public present and so no public time was recorded.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 12/1369/P/FP Chaundy Barn, 45 High Street – Refused
- 12/1374/P/FP 21 High Street – Granted
- 12/1389/P/FP The Swan, 4 Shipton Road – Granted
11. NETWORK RAIL LICENCE
Nothing to report – Ongoing
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Mellor reported that an emergency access had been built and that the gutters had been cleaned at the Pavilion. The RoSPA Report was discussed and Cllr Carter reported that the Volunteers had addressed some of the issues raised. The remaining issues that needed addressing could be funded from the Big Society Funding.
Cllr Carter reported that a meeting was scheduled for either 19 or 20 November with parents to brainstorm the future playground project.
13. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that the AGM was held on 7 November. He asked the Clerk to record personal thanks to Mary Barnes for her tireless hard work and to Cllr Carter for her hard work and dedication to the Sports Club. Please refer to the recorded Minutes from the AGM, provided by Cllr Mellor attached as a separate document.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter reported that parishioners had spoken to her about the increase in their home insurance, some of which had increased by 140%. She reported that the Environment Agency (EA) had updated their mapping and that parishioners could email the EA to apply for a Product 4, should their Insurance Company request one.
15. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers had worked very hard on tidying the Playground. She reported that the next session will be held on Monday 26 November between 1pm and 4pm – this would be to tidy the bank opposite the Signal Box and the shrubs on the station bank would be addressed at the end of the month.
16. CHRISTMAS CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
- Tree to be erected and decorated on Saturday 1 December 2012
- Carol singing to commence at 6.30pm
- Mulled Wine it was agreed to cater for 200 – Cllr Mellor
- Mince Pies x 100 – Cllr Marshall
- Tin of Sweets x 1 – Cllr Crundwell
- Buckets & Collectors – each councilor to take 2 buckets
- Tables – Cllr Morgan
- PA System – Cllr Morgan
- Braziers – Cllr Morgan
- Carol sheets – Cllr Carter
17. MATTERS ARISING:
Cotswold Line Promotion Group (CLPG)
The Clerk reported that she had contacted CLPG with regards to the PC’s subscription, but had heard nothing back. She would chase again.
County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (formerly the Area Steward Fund )
Cllr Morgan reported that the scheduled Walkabout meeting on 15 October with CCllr Rose, Ian Clarke and himself had not happened, but that this would be re-scheduled.
The Clerk reported that she had advised the RFO of the allotment rents for 2013.
- Clerks & Councils Direct
- OPFA Oxfordshire Playing Field Association Newsletter Autumn 2012
- ORCC Annual Review 2012
- WODC – Request for copy of the full Register of Electors 2013
- Thames Valley Primary Care Agency – Letter re determination of rurality of Chipping Norton & surrounding towns, villages and hamlets
- WODC Draft Local Plan October 2012 (consultation period to 19 December 2012)
19. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 10.00pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 10 December 2012 at 7.30pm in the Tiddy Hall.