- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Angela Barnes
Apologies received from CCllr Rodney Rose
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Clerk was asked to re-draft the minutes noting the changes to Item No. 17 Matters Arising and re-circulate for approval and signing at the April meeting.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £133.07 OALC Annual Subscription Chq No. 100861
- £400.00 Grapevine Donation Chq No. 100862
- £175.75 Laurence Mellor (repayment of invoice) Chq No. 100864
- NB Chq No. 100863 spoiled
- £120.50 Allotment Rents
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public.
8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
13/0248/P/FP 2 Dawls Close
Cllr Carter took the plans away to review and would report back to the Clerk.
13/0108/P/FP The Old Vicarage, 20 London Lane
9. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that he was waiting for a quotation for a French drain and sump to be put in front of the Pavilion – the Clerk was asked to chase this again.
10. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Morgan reported that he had attended a meeting held at WODC Council Offices where he learnt of various sources of local funding for local projects. He now has a list of appropriate contacts. Funds vary in amounts of money available and some would not be applicable for new projects.
Cllr Morgan is checking to see if the Ascott recreation ground is within the limits of the WREN fund.
Cllr Carter summarised the comments received from residents following the PC letter to all households. There were offers of help to organise a summer family event. Some replies were from grandparents with small children but most were calling for more activities for older children and a need for them to find a place to socialise. A particularly favourite piece of equipment seems to be the Zip Wire whereas several questions were asked about the wisdom of a sandpit.
10. PROJECT SAFE PLAY
Cllrs will meet separately to plan the next steps in design and fund applications. There was no support from residents for a sponsored walk but a Car Boot or Garage Sale will be held in June.
Cllr Carter received an e-mail from the Chairman of Ascott Village Charity stating that the Charity would be happy to consider donating the proceeds of the next Fun Run to the Project Safe Play and that the committee would probably wish to donate the money to one or two particular pieces of equipment.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that there had been two matches played over the last weekend.
12. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that he had received a reply from Shipton-under-Wychwood PC with regard to a contribution towards the funding of snow clearing the Shipton Road from Ascott-under-Wychwood. He reported that Shipton had agreed to pay £75 towards the snow clearance. Cllr Mellor would let either the Clerk or the RFO have the cheque once he had received it.
Cllr Carter reported on the flow of the river and the amount of debris that had collected along the fence on the Charity Field. The Clerk was asked to write to the Village Charity and carry this forward to Matters Arising at the April meeting.
13. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that Cllr Morgan had organised the Litter Pick, which would be on Saturday 16 March from 10am to 12 noon. Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers would be working on the planting at the Station and that work would continue on the bank by the Signal Box. She reported that other works would hopefully include clearing London Lane and The Pound.
14. ANNUAL VILLAGE MEETING:
The Clerk reported that the Hall had been booked for Monday 22 April 2013 from 6.30pm and she would commence the preparations for the meeting. The Clerk was asked, when writing to organisations inviting them to present their report, to advise them that if a representative did not attend to present their report in person the report would be available to view, but would not be read out.
Refreshments were discussed and it was agreed to offer Tea, Coffee and Biscuits, which would be served from 7pm. Cllrs Mellor and Carter agreed to organise the refreshments. The Clerk reminded the councilors that they would need to be at the Hall from 6.30pm to help set up the tables and chairs.
The Clerk advised the meeting that WODC had confirmed no applications had been received requesting the paperwork to be elected. She advised the meeting that they would now need to consider co-opting a fifth member as soon as possibly practicable.
The Clerk was asked to confirm with their Monitoring Officer at WODC how many councilors were necessary and whether the PC could have four elected members as opposed to five.
The letter from The Ascott Village Charity was discussed and due to Cllr Pauline Marshall’s resignation a new member from the PC would need to be nominated as a Trustee to represent them at the meetings. Cllr Carter proposed Cllr Bridgette Crundwell, this was seconded by Cllr Morgan and agreed unanimously. The Clerk was asked to write to the Village Charity notifying them of the change of Trustee.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
- County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (An update from Cllr Morgan and Cllr Carter) – Ongoing
- Tiddy Hall Kitchen – Ongoing
- Parking in Church View – Cllr Mellor reported that the wooden posts promised for the end of February/March had not happened. He would now request an update Ongoing
- Excess water laying on Shipton Road (outside number 46) – this now appears to have been resolved.
- Network Rail Licence – the Clerk reported that the new Licence had been received and was presented to the meeting. The Clerk would duly sign and date the Licence and sent it back to Network Rail.
- Culvert by Tyack’s yard – Ongoing
- Clerks & Councils Direct
- Network Rail Licence
- Sovereign Play Equipment – March Brochure
- Letter from Thames Valley Primary Care Agency – Boots’ application High Street Burford
- BDO LLP – Audit Briefing 2013
- Telephone call from Regina Colwell, Shipton Road with regard to speeding – Cllr Morgan agreed to speak with Regina.
- Letter from The Ascott Village Charity requesting that a new PC member be nominated as a Trustee to represent them at the Village Charity meetings – Please refer to Item No. 15.
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- It was reported that the Grit Bin on Shipton Road had not been replenished. Cllr Mellor agreed to contact Paul Wilson at OCC.
- Cllr Crundwell reported that there were dead tree trunks, covered in ivy, that had fallen towards the road at the top of Chipping Norton hill.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 10.20pm and confirmed the next ordinary meeting would be held on Monday 8 April 2013 at 7.30pm and the Annual Village Meeting would be held on Monday 22 April in the Tiddy Hall.