- Rob Morgan (Chair Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Hilary Hibbert-Biles
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Richard Haddon
- Michiel Verkoren
- Tony Collins
- Lynn Collins
- John Cull
- Nick Carter
- Tony Gillins
- Richard Smith
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN AND VICE CHAIRMAN:
Cllr Carter proposed Cllr Morgan to be re-elected as Chairman. This was seconded by Cllr Mellor. Cllr Morgan proposed Cllr Crundwell to be re-elected as Vice Chairman. This was seconded by Cllr Carter.
CClr Rodney Rose and Cllr Bridgette Crundwell sent their apologies.
3. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the April meeting were agreed, signed and dated.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £69.94 WODC Commercial Waste Chq No. 100870
- £1669.40 Zurich Insurance Chq No. 100871
- £10.20 Patrick Edwards (tractor) Chq No. 100872
- £25.00 Allotment Rents (Chandler & Holden)
- £1503.40 HMRC VAT refund
- £8125.00 WODC Precept
- £15,587.87 (as at 13 May 2013)
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
DCllr Hilary Hibbert Biles reported Council Tax had been frozen for a further year, which in effect had remained frozen for the past 5 years. She reported the WODC’s council tax was the second lowest in the Country. DCllr Hibbert-Biles reported that the Local Plan remained unfinished and that the Maternity Unit at Chipping Norton Hospital was scheduled to re-open on 1 July 2013. She reported that there was an “impasse” between Chipping Norton Town Council and West Oxfordshire District Council regarding recycling at Greystones.
8. PUBLIC TIME:
Please refer to Item No. 9 The Swan Public House and Item No. 10. Planning.
9. THE SWAN PUBLIC HOUSE:
Cllr Morgan welcomed Richard Haddon and Michiel Verkoven, who were the new owners of The Swan. Richard Haddon reported that The Swan would open on Monday 3 June for a week, but would then close for 3 weeks to carry out renovation works and re-open officially on Sunday 30 June. He reported that they were keen to keep The Swan as a traditional Cotswold Inn with a restaurant providing a varied range of food. Richard reported that during the renovation works they would be breaking through by the toilet block into the Barn, which would become a function room.
Cllr Morgan thanked Richard and Michiel for coming to the meeting and sharing their future plans with the Village. The Parish Council wished them every success for the future
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
51 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
The application was discussed at length, together with the numerous emails noting objections. DCllr Hibbert-Biles confirmed that she would speak to the Planning Officer with a view to the application being referred to the Uplands Planning Committee. The Clerk was asked to draft a reply, but wait for a response from DCllr Hibbert-Biles.
41 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Nothing to report.
12. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Mellor and Cllr Carter reported that a Car Boot sale would be held on Sunday 23 June at the Crown Farm field from 10am to 1pm. Stall Holders would be able to set up from 9am and buyers from 10am to 1pm. Signage was discussed and it was agreed to give this some thought. Cllr Carter reported that support from the Village was still disappointing and that the PC would give one final push. She reported that on Saturday 6 July from 4pm to 7pm they would be holding a “Roadshow” and that a leaflet would be posted to each household. A sub-committee meeting would be held on Thursday 23 May at 10am at the Pavilion.
13. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Nothing to report.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that servicing on the equipment would be carried out. He reported that he would be sourcing a better quality salt to use on the equipment and some more plastic sheeting.
15. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Helpers held a good session at the Playground. The Picnic Benches still needed to be stained and that the next meeting is scheduled for Thursday 23 May in the afternoon.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
- Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (An update from Cllr Morgan): Shipton Road – the Clerk was asked to reply to OCC requesting wooden bollards as the most viable option. Chipping Norton Hill (River Bridge) – Cllr Morgan reported that he had met Rodney Rose who gave a plan to clean debris, provide 2 new gullies and fencing to the Wingwalls. Cllr Morgan agreed to email OCC to coordinate. – Ongoing
- Tiddy Hall Kitchen – Ongoing
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – Network Rail (NR) Ongoing
- Speeding on Shipton Road – Thames Valley Police Ongoing
- Clerks & Councils Direct
- Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association (OPFA) Spring Update
- Cotswold Lion x 2
- Thames Valley Primary Care Agency
18. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 10.05pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 10 June 2013 at 7.30pm.