- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
1. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the May meeting were agreed, signed and dated.
DCllr Hilary Hibbert-Biles and Cllr Laurence Mellor.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £135.96 Cllr Philippa Carter Chq No 100873
- (£23.98 PC funds)
- (£111.98 Station enhancement funds)
- £468.00 Gomm Developments Limited (Station enhancement funds) Chq No 100874
- £1,032.37 WODC Grass Cutting grant
The Clerk read the following report received from Margaret Ismail after completing the Internal Audit:
- PV16/chq 100830 to Zurich Insurance Payment £1604.66 – Not recorded in Minutes
- PV29/chq 100844 to Patrick Edwards £93.60 – Not recorded in Minutes
- 100843 Railway P Carter No PV/ Not shown in Cash Book but is in Minutes of 12th November. Cheque was cancelled and it should be noted in Minutes that P Carter was re-imbursed from Village Charity and not the Parish Council
- RV7 Precept payment of £7275.00. RV is an email from Angela and does not state the amount. WODC should provide a notification showing the amount for the records.
- Chq 100849 cancelled in chq book. Cash Book shows chq no 100849 for £96.88 but bank statements shows 100850 as £96.88. 100850 is now shown in Cash Book. Cash book has now been amended to show the correct cheque number.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
CCllr Rose reported that there would be a “Road Closure” to Chipping Norton Hill on 22 July 2013 in order to commence drainage works on the river bridge. Cllr Morgan asked CCllr Rose if the repair works to the road surface on Chipping Norton hill could be carried out at the same time. CCllr Rose confirmed he would look in to this.
CCllr Rose reported that there was a £10k budget to be shared between 12 parishes and urged the PC to submit their application. Cllr Carter agreed to look in to this.
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public and so no public time was recorded.
8. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
13/0753/P/FP Alterations to replace roofing materials with concrete tiles and blue slate at The Swan 4 Shipton Road Ascott-under-Wychwood
13/0438/P/FP Erection of Single Storey Extension at The Mill, Ascott-under-Wychwood
13/0465/P/FPEXT Erection of two storey extension and detached garage (To allow extension to time limit at Yew Tree Cottage 31 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
13/0578/P/FP Erection of single storey pitched roof extension to rear elevation at 51 High Street Ascott-under-Wycwhood
The issue of having the Village School building listed was discussed. Cllr Morgan agreed to look in to the procedures of carrying this out.
9. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Nothing to report.
10. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Carter reported on the progress – she confirmed that a Car Boot Sale would be held on Sunday 23 June and that notices were being erected. Cllr Carter reported that they had secured Kookaburra Coffee to offer light refreshments at a charge. She reported that Cllr Mellor was organising the “marshalling” of the event and that donation buckets would be used.
Cllr Carter reported that a “Roadshow” would be held on Saturday 6 July illustrating possibilities for a new safe play area. This will be held from 4pm to 7pm and would be deemed as the final push to ascertain what the Village wanted and what they were prepared to support so far as a new Play Area for both the young and older children.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Carter reported that Windrush Valley School is using all weather facilities at Kingham Hill School. Consequently, Winter fees from the School to Ascott Sports Club are substantially reduced.
Cllr Carter reported the Football Club remains active with various tournaments being held and that there was a possibility of a second team.
12. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Nothing to report
13. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the Station Bank was almost complete and it was felt appropriate that it should be named and a plaque be erected. Cllr Carter agreed to look into this. She reported that the next session was yet to be agreed and that the next big area, which has been started, would be on the corner of Shipton Road.
14. MATTERS ARISING:
- Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund (An update from Cllr Morgan): Shipton Road – the Clerk was asked to reply to OCC requesting wooden bollards as the most viable option – Ongoing
- Chipping Norton Hill (River Bridge) – Cllr Morgan reported that he had met Rodney Rose who gave a plan to clean debris, provide 2 new gullies and fencing to the Wingwalls. Cllr Morgan agreed to email OCC to coordinate. – Ongoing
- Tiddy Hall Kitchen – Ongoing
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – Network Rail (NR) Ongoing
- Speeding on Shipton Road – Thames Valley Police Ongoing
- WODC – Local Plan (emailed)
Members Update May 2013 (emailed)
Data Protection, Freedom of Information & Data Transparency Course (emailed)
16. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- The Clerk was asked to check with the Stuart Fox the RFO with regard to donations from the Parish Council and whether they would be able to donate to the Village Shop.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 8.50pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 8 July 2013 at 7.30pm.