- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Angela Barnes
1. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the September meeting were agreed, signed, dated and duly filed.
No apologies received.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £482.56 Clerks net quarterly salary Chq. No. 100884
- £120.60 HMRC PAYE Chq. No. 100885
- £3200.00 Grasscutting Chq. No. 100886
- £193.73 Clerks quarterly expenses Chq. No. 100887
- £69.94 WODC Commercial Waste Chq. No. 100888
- £46.98 Laurence Mellor Chq. No. 100889 (Carols on the Green)
- £1,000.00 OCC Project Safe Play
- £6.09 Interest
- £100.00 S Tustian – Snow Fund donation
- £8125.00 OCC Second half of Precept
The Clerk asked the Council to consider setting the next year’s Precept. After discussion, the Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the November meeting and to advise Stuart, the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) of the agreed capital expenditure to date, with a view to providing a budget and forecast for 2014/15 and thus setting the Precept for next year.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. CHIPPING NORTON RIVER BRIDGE:
Cllr Morgan reported that no further communication had been received. The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the November meeting.
8. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public present and so no public time was recorded.
9. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
The Clerk reported that there were no new planning applications to be considered.
- 13/1238/P/FP Change of use from agricultural to light industrial unit at Kingstanding Barns – Granted
- 13/1265/P/FP Insertion of window and door with Storm Porch at The Swan – Granted
10. TIDDY HALL KITCHEN:
It was reported that progress was being made and Simon Gidman would contact the PC when the funding was needed. The Clerk was asked to check with OALC how this donation/grant should be recorded in the Year End Accounts and Annual Return.
11. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that the hedgecutting had not been done. The Clerk was asked to chase the contractors R A Newman. Cllr Carter reported parishioner Simon Gidman has offered to carry out a full drainage survey of the Playing Field free of charge.
12. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Carter reported that grant applications for the proposed MUGA had been completed and submitted to WODC for the “Chill-out” fund and the Village Charity. The next application to be completed is to the National Lottery.
Cllr Carter reported that she and Cllr Mellor had attended a Workshop held by WODC and OCVA on Thursday. This offered advice on the applications process and proved extremely helpful. Cllr Carter reported that Graham Bell, a parishioner who has experience in grant funding and applications has offered to help with the application process.
13 ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that the Boiler was due a service and would duly organise this.
14 COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that an order for bulk salt had been done and storage would be at Crown Farm. Cllr Mellor reported that he had obtained a list of suppliers for “fine grain” supplies for the manual machines.
15 HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that a working party had worked on the Station bank on Friday 11 October.
16. MATTERS ARISING:
- Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) County Councillor Highway & Transport Fund – Ongoing
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – Network Rail (NR) – Ongoing
- Meeting 24 September with Milton-under-Wychwood and Shipton-under-Wychwood Parish Councils – the Clerk reported that a get together by the three Wychwoods was held, primarily, to discuss how future cuts on spending would affect them and cross fertilisation between the three Parishes to maximise potential. CCllr Rodney Rose gave a short presentation about the proposed cuts to the Wychwood Library and called upon all three Parishes for a subsidy. This was discussed at length, in particular, any commitment the present Councillors would pass on to a new Parish Council. It was felt that time should be given for the PC to carry out a Village Consultation – the Clerk was asked to enquire with OCC how many parishioners from Ascott-under-Wychwood used the Wychwood Library
- 2014 Elections – the Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the January meeting.
17. CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
- The Clerk was asked to source a Christmas Tree from Bruern Estate
- Erection of the Christmas Tree will be on Saturday 7th December – all to meet at 10.30am on the Village Green. The Clerk was asked to contact Robin Walker and ask if he could help.
- It was agreed that the Service would take place on Christmas Eve at 6pm
- The Clerk was asked to invite the Vicar, Mark Abrey.
- Christmas Carols – to be agreed
- ORCC Annual Review 2012/13
- OCC Letter re Budget/Cuts
- Emails – various already sent
19. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Cllr Carter reported that Thames Water had now finally sorted the sewage problem in Gypsy Lane.
- Parking on the Village Green – the Clerk reported that it had been brought to her attention that School traffic was parking on the Village Green. It was agreed to monitor this and carry forward to the November meeting if necessary.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 10.00pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 11 November 2013 at 7.30pm.