- Rob Morgan (Chair)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Angela Barnes
1. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the November meeting were agreed, signed, dated and duly filed.
CCllr Rodney Rose sent his apologies.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- Clerks quarterly Salary £482.56 Chq No. 100891
- HMRC £120.60 Chq No. 100892
- Clerks quarterly expenses £156.59 Chq No. 100893
- Christmas Tree expenses £9.80 Chq No. 100894
- There was no income
Stuart Fox, the Responsible Financial Officer (RFO), presented a budget / forecast to the Meeting which was discussed. It was proposed by Cllr Crundwell and seconded by Cllr Morgan that the Clerk’s salary should be increased by 3%. It was proposed by Cllr Morgan and seconded by Cllr Crundwell that the Precept for 2014/15 will be £26,250.00. This was agreed unanimously.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
Please refer to Item No. 9.
Oxfordshire County Council – Area Steward Fund
- Road from Ascott towards Leafield (dip caused by badgers ) – Works started
- “Gullies” on London Lane (already marked) – Ongoing
- Hedgerow on London Lane – Ongoing
- Oxfordshire County Council Transport
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. CHIPPING NORTON RIVER BRIDGE:
8. PUBLIC TIME:
There were no members of the public and so no public time was recorded.
9. THE WYCHWOOD LIBRARY:
The Clerk reported on behalf of CCllr Rose – “ Wychwood Library is something that I would welcome your thoughts on. Shipton and Milton Parish Councils have indicated that some form of financial support will be coming forward. I also, with library staff help am starting a move to revamp volunteer supporters”. Cllr Timms reported that she had met with some of the Wychwood Library representatives and that £14,000 would be needed annually to keep the structure as it is currently, without change.
After discussion, and the advice given to the Clerk by OALC, the Clerk was asked to reply to CCllr Rodney Rose, together with Milton and Shipton Parish Councils accordingly. It was agreed that the PC are not permitted to commit to an ongoing grant or donation. Any donation would need to be recorded under S.137 expenditure and should be proportionate to the “borrowers” from Ascott-under-Wychwood.
10. PLANNING APPLICATIONS:
- 13/1565/P/FP Alterations to include removal of existing chimney, replace existing flat roof with new pitch roof and erection of single storey front extension. (Part retrospective). At 3 Andrews Yard
- 13/1528/P/FP Change of use of part of paddock to form domestic garden (Retrospective) and Construction of Swimming Pool at 1 Priory Lane
11. CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
- Carol singing to commence at 6.00pm Christmas Eve (Tuesday 24 December 2013)
- Mulled Wine
- Mince Pies x 100
- Tin of Sweets
- Buckets & Collectors – each councilor to take 2 buckets
- PA System
- Carol sheets
The Clerk was asked to arrange the printing of 250 Flyers advertising the Carols and deliver them to Cllr Morgan for distributing to each household.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Cllr Morgan reported that the drainage level on the field would be re-visited after Christmas.
13. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Carter reported that the total funding received to date was £42,792.01. The next application form to be completed was to Sport England “Inspired Facilities”. Cllr Carter reported that both she and Cllr Mellor would be working on this application. Cllr Carter presented a Child Protection Policy to the Meeting for approval and adoption. Cllr Crundwell proposed that the Policy be adopted, this was seconded by Cllr Timms. The Child Protection Policy was duly adopted.
14. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Nothing to report.
15. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported that 42 bags of 25k de-icing salt would be delivered shortly and that there was a lot of interest from Volunteers to help with any adverse weather conditions.
16. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Nothing to report.
17. MATTERS ARISING:
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – Network Rail (NR) – Ongoing
- Canopy of Light on the Railway Platform – Ongoing
- Letter received from The Wychwoods Day Centre requesting a donation. Cllr Mellor proposed a donation of £100 this was seconded by Cllr Morgan.
19. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Sign on London Lane
- Open Gardens 22 June 2014
The Clerk was asked to carry forward these two items to Matters Arising in January.
There being no further business Cllr Morgan declared the meeting closed at 9.40pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 13 January 2014 at 7.30pm.