- Sandy Timms
- Peter Rance
- Mark Tribe
- Graham Ranson (to be Co-opted)
- Liz Leffman
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public:
- Laurence Mellor
- Sarah Russell
Apologies received from Cllr Carter and DCllr Simcox.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes from the Annual General Meeting held on Monday 15 May were agreed, signed and dated by PCllr Sandy Timms (Vice Chair) in the absence of the Chair PCllr Carter, who had sent her apologies.
Cllr Timms warmly welcomed Graham Ranson to the meeting and proposed that he be co-opted to join the Parish Council. This was seconded by Cllr Tribe. The Clerk was asked to record this with WODC and request the relevant paperwork for Graham to complete.
4. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
There was no Income to record.
Cheque No. 101069 OCC Library £262.30
Cheque No. 101070 TGMS Drainage £924.00
Cheque No. 101071 Zurich Insurance £1,770.74
Cheque No. 101072 WEL Medical £44.88
Cheque No. 101073 Patrick Edwards £125.00
6. REPORTS FROM COUNTY & DISTRICT COUNCILLORS:
CCllr Liz Leffman introduced herself as the new County Councillor. She asked the PC if they would consider contributing towards erecting flashing signs outside the school in Milton-under-Wychwood. She reported that both Shipton and Milton PC’s had agreed to make a donation towards two signs at a cost of £1100. Cllr Timms confirmed that this request would be brought up at the next full PC meeting under matters arising.
CCllr Leffman asked if there was anything she could do to assist with the replacement wooden signs around the Village Green. She agreed to take this to OCC and enquire if these could be replaced by OCC.
7. PUBLIC TIME:
Cllr Timms welcomed Laurence Mellor and Sarah Russell and invited them to address the meeting. There followed a short Q & A session with regards to the planning application 17/01067 Land North West of 18 London Lane:
Q: Laurence Mellor expressed concerns and issues about infill, infrastructure and the increased risk to flooding.
A: Cllr Timms explained that the PC would be writing on behalf of the Village, but expressed the importance of parishioners writing individually to WODC.
Q: Sarah Russell expressed her concerns with regards to the illustrations attached to the planning application, which were misleading and would result in a major overbearing result. Sarah also expressed her concerns and an infringement of privacy to neighbouring properties.
A: Cllr Timms again explained that the PC would be writing on behalf of the Village, but parishioners should write individually.
Cllr Timms confirmed that a Public Meeting would be held on Tuesday 20 June at the Pavilion.
(a) New Application and under discussion – 17/01067 Land North West of 18 London Lane Construction of 5 dwellings and formation of vehicular access.
(b) Ongoing Application – 17/00918/FUL Development on site of garages, south of Maple Way
(16/02793/FUL 18 Maple Way Erection of 6 dwellings & associated works)
(c) Ongoing Application – 17/00937/HHD 45 Shipton Road Erection of side conservatory
(d) Ongoing Application – 17/00657/HHD 10 Maple Way Erection of rear conservatory
(e) Appeal – APP/D3125/D/17/3168099 Chaundy Barn 45 High Street (16/03058/HHD Retrospective
9. MATTERS ARISING:
(a) County, District and Parish Council Surgery – DCllr Simcox confirmed the next meeting for Ascott will be on Saturday 24 June and would be held in The Swan Public House. Cllr Simcox to approach the Swan owners.
(c) Wychwood Church of England Primary School request for donation to MUGA Ongoing
(d) Wychwoods Working Together Ongoing
(e) Speedwatch – Nothing to report – Ongoing
(f) WODC Community Grants Ongoing
(h) Defibrillator Pads – Clerk reported that the new pads had been received and Cllr Timms had replaced. It was noted that the expiry date on the replacement pads was December 2019.
(i) OCC Grasscutting Contract – Ongoing
10. RISK ASSESSMENT & GROUND MAINTENANCE:
(a) Martyrs’ Seats – the Clerk has contacted Aaron at David Ogilvie and confirmed collection of the dismantled benches during the first week of July and re-delivery of them during the first week of August.
(b) Five Shilling Corner – nothing to report
(c) The Pound – nothing to report
(d) Dog Bins and Waste Bins – all replacement bins confirmed and now ordered with WODC.
(e) Memorial Playing Field and Playground – the grass is now showing good new growth on the football pitch. Last week the contractors re-visited the cricket pitch drainage lines to top up the levels and re-seed. Cllr Carter contacted Pestakers to try and find a solution to the rabbit problem, but was informed that the only effective form of control this year has been to shoot them – not a method appropriate for a public space. Cllr Carter has received the contract to order the new sealed units for the Pavilion windows. Don and Mary Barnes have continued with the Pavilion painting – nearly everything is complete apart from the kitchen. Townsends have re-concreted the safety barrier in front of the pedestrian gate and Don will complete that painting.
11. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter and Laurence Mellor had a discussion about the concern that if the PC house the winter equipment at Crown Farm, the PC might be seen as being prejudicial with regards to the planning application in London Lane. To be considered and discussed further at the July meeting.
Nothing to report.
The withdrawal of the Cotswold Card concession, causing a 34% increase on our single train weekday only service, has been very badly received by regular commuters. It appears some on the service, have already set up a car share scheme thus reducing passenger numbers. Cllr Rance has made this clear to GWR franchise managers and complained that card holders had still yet to receive GWR letters advising them of reclaiming its purchase cost. Claire King, the GWR North Cotswold Line Manager has sought to speak directly with Cllr Rance, but this has yet to happen. The CLPG initiative for a trial “Group Saver” special stop at Ascott is still to be progressed, although it is now being targeted at the late July window when a shuttle service is being operated to replace the full timetable service, when Network Rail are severely impacting lines around Oxford for track upgrades.
Newly co-opted Cllr Graham Ranson, has agreed to monitor and report road defects on “Fix my Street”. Cllr Ranson reported that he had recorded a number of road issues to “Fix my Street”.
14. REPORTS FROM ORGANISATIONS:
(a) Ascott-under-Wychwood Sports Club – Laurence Mellor and Cllr Carter met the Manager and Chairman of Ascott FC at the Playing Field to discuss the pitch and the start of the next football season. The club has grown and now can field a 1st and 2nd senior team and a youth team, all of which will play in the Witney League next season. Juniors will continue to train on Sunday mornings. The need for 2 pitches was discussed, 1 slightly smaller than the other and when the field was measured to make sure that there was enough room – there was. Neighbours will be consulted, but Ascott FC are already prepared to erect dismountable netting to stop balls flying into gardens. If there was future interest in reviving cricket an artificial mat for the cricket square would be the ideal solution, as is used in several local villages already. Cllr Carter impressed upon the Manager and Chairman the need for consideration with regards parking and there was a discussion about how to maximise the space within the Playing Field. The new season will start in mid-September and we hope to advertise the fixtures to attract local support. No friendlies will be played this summer to allow the grass to mature.
Windrush Valley School Sports Day will take place on the playing field on Wednesday 21 June. Laurence Mellor met Mr Wood to discuss how best to use the pitch, taking into consideration the drainage lines.
The Pre-School will hold its Fun Day on Saturday 8 July and the Charity Fun Run is booked for Sunday 29 October.
(b) Ascott Village Charity – Cllr Timms reported that the “Fun Run” had been confirmed.
(c) Wychwood Library – Nothing to report.
(d) Helpers of Ascott-under-Wychwood – Nothing to report
Invitation to the opening of Windrush Valley School Conservation Centre – Cllr Carter is unable to attend, so Cllr Timms has accepted the invitation.
16. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
There being no further business, the meeting was declared closed at 8.35pm. The next meeting will be held on Monday 10 July 2017.
Cllr Sandy Timms (Vice Chairman)
Date:10 July 2017