- Philippa Carter
- Sandy Timms
- Peter Rance
- Brian Leach
- Pauline Plant
- Liz Leffman
- Jake Acock
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public
- Jeff Haine
- Richard Smith
- Sarah Russell
- Keith Ravenhill
- Sue Richards
- Lawrence Mellor
- Jenny Evanson
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting
The Minutes recorded from the virtual meeting held on 8 March 2021, were approved as a true record and will be duly signed, dated and filed when actual meetings resume.
3. Declarations of interest
4. Financial Report
Bank Balance £44,911.19
Various allotment rents £118
Rental from pavilion £20
Sports clubs share of playing field costs £419.83
31st March 2021
WODC 200200 Waste & dog bins £290.19
Ubico 200201 Dog bin £100.15
Firmin 200202 Concrete Basketball square £714.00 S Fox 200203 Stamps £7.92 Cancelled 200204 Cancelled –
R Lane 200205 Timber for Pound stone surrounds £47.23
6th April 2021
Lord Rotherwick Trust 200206 2 years allotment rent £200.00
Ascott PCC 200207 Church Path £1500.00
29th April 2021
A Barnes 200208 Clerks Salary £235.54
30th April 2021
HMRC 200209 PAYE £58.80
The bank reconciliation and parish funds were emailed/circulated separately, in preparation for the March meeting.
5. Reports from County and District Councillors
CCllr Leffman reported on the election period and that an extraordinary meeting was held on 7 April with regards to a large sum of money lost, this being £1.6m. She reported that for the new financial year she had a budget for the 20 mph, which was available now and was hopeful villages will beable to apply. CCllr Leffman reported that parish councils could apply to her via a Priority Fund, which was £7500 for this year
Cllr Acock reported on the forthcoming elections and was happy for anyone to contact him to raise any questions.
6. Public Time
Refer to Planning.
NEW: (PC replied)
APPLICATION NO: 21/00343/HHD
PROPOSAL: Erection of a two storey annex
LOCATION: 19 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Ms Bronwen Bennie
REGISTERED: 1st February 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
BLUE CEDAR HOMES Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 April 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/00506/FUL
LOCATION: Land North West of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood Oxfordshire PROPOSAL: Erection of 7 one storey age restricted dwellings for older people (65 years) with access, landscaping and associated infrastructure
REGISTERED: 12 Feb 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Carter reported that residents close to the site formed a pressure group and organised a village wide mail drop. There have many objections. A site visit was attended by Cllr Jeff Haine from the planning dept and Milton-u-W Parish Council and another by a consultant to advise on the Halcrow Drainage Statement included in the application. Residents Simon Gidman and Nigel Braithwaite have advised the neighbours on how much the applicant intends to raise the ground level and how this will impact on neighbours.
BLOOMBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT LLP
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 30th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00651/OUT
PROPOSAL: Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.6ha.
LOCATION: Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge Development LLP
REGISTERED: 5th March 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com
Cow Shed site High St plus Martyrs Memorial Garden (Orchard),
Cllr Carter has met 2 trustees of Ascott Martyrs Educational Trust. They were unaware that plans had already been submitted to the planning office and the Trustees had already agreed that any proposal of a Community garden or orchard would have to be put to the community itself. AMET does not have the funds for the future maintenance. They will respond to the planning portal stating their views.
CONSULTATION Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 29th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00594/HHD
PROPOSAL: Construction of detached outbuilding.
LOCATION: 6 Heritage Lane Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Ms Marybeth Harasz REGISTERED: 1st April 2021
Planning Officer: William.firstname.lastname@example.org
This application was discussed and agreed unanimously that there was no objection.
GRANTED: (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of eight dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane,
Kingerlee Homes have informed the Parish Council that they expect to start work during the first 2 weeks of April. Cllr Carter wrote back to Kingerlee, the planning dept, WODC drainage and OCC Highways reminding them of the issues with surface water and sewage and asking that they make arrangements so that there is not a problem with deliveries or workmen’s parking. Kingerlee Homes is developing the original application passed on Appeal in 2018, now reduced from 5 to 4 dwellings. The plot was bought from Crown Farm by Kingerlee Homes but minus a strip retained by Crown Farm on the northern boundary with No 12. This development had to start within 3 years or the planning permission would have lapsed. The deadline was extended to 1 May due to Covid. The deadline for comments to the variations application is 29 April. The contractor visited Mr & Mrs Russell at No 12 to inform them that they planned to set up their camp on the boundary with No 12. Crown Farm will allow them to use the retained strip. They will be laying hardcore and opening an access which is not the one that has been subject to planning permission. The application for variations does not ask for permission to open a second access point to use Crown Farm strip for the contractors’ camp. The contractors plan to start on 19 April. There have been many emails between residents, Cllr Carter, the planning and enforcement departments and Highways to check that all this is allowed. No replies to date.
Cllr Leach reported: the Traffic and Transport Group has met once again and:
Have discussed the topic of public transport with an aim to document the current state and future aspirations. Cllr Leach has written this up as the first entry in the new Parish Vision. Mark Pidgeon has organized the rota for a vehicle survey to take place between the end of April and through May. The intent is to log the numbers of vehicles of differing types through the village, especially heavy goods vehicles. Some slots are still vacant. With the imminent reopening of the pub, several residents have raised concerns that this will once again lead to parking and safety issues. The T&T group will discuss this, and other pedestrian rights, at the May meeting.
The Steering Committee met to progress setting up the additional working parties, based on Richard Smith’s original document:
Richard Smith and Cllr Leach have jointly assembled the standard terms of reference for the working parties. Cllr Leach has approached Carol Anderson and Wendy Pearce to lead the working party for Heritage and Built Environment. Both have agreed to assist.
8. Matters Arising
(a) Thames Water – Moratorium on Building.
Continue to raise at Planning.
(c) Dog Poo Bin at Gypsy Lane
Ongoing – Clerk to chase.
9. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
Cllr Carter presented the updated Risk Assessment:-
Basket Swing and Zip Wire repaired
Both roundabouts need ground repaired and recommend matting installed at the time.
Improve waterproofing to electrical box for Christmas Tree on the Green.
Rob Lane has installed the new rails around the slate mulch
Brian has pointed out that the Pound sign has some grammar mistakes
Richard Squires has agreed to re-stain the gate at some time.
Playing Field – Weedkilling will be booked this month. The Ash tree will need to be felled and the PC should consider when; it is possible that the Blue Cedar application may be successful and the site less accessible. It may be easier for the tree surgeons to access from the field and not the playing field.
10. Community Emergency Plan
Nothing to report.
Pleased to report that from the day of our meeting (12th April), both WOCT and VillagerBus confirm their intention to resume their full, pre 3rd Covid Lock-down services. That entails the 210, V19, V21 & V23 services.
Our one train each way, each weekday only service remains, but GWR Franchise are expanding the general service (ie Charlbury nearest station) including 9 car trains closer to but not completely up to the full pre-Covid service. Reflecting only up to the start of the Covid period impact, the Spring 2021 journal of the Cotswold Line Promotion Group has published nationally generated station usage figures for our line, with comparisons with the two preceding years. Ascott had previously shown a two year decline even on modest numbers but in 2019/2020 it increased by 15% to 3036. Even Charlbury with the same two year decline, had an increase of 10% to 275348, but as expected Hanborough took the gold star by having a 22.8% increase to startlingly the very same 275348 figure! Only time will tell how much the Covid impact upon work based travel alone, let alone recreational travel use will affect the commercial viability of both buses and trains.
Mark Pidgeon is organising a traffic survey in May as part of the NP traffic and transport brief.
Complaints have been made about the blocked gully corner of High St and L Lane. Also the resident at No 8 High St has reported on Fix-my-Street silted gullies, chambers and pipes taking the stream water from their side to the stream at No 9. This is a concern for flooding to gardens and property. I have also written to Highways to support these complaints and we have been told by Simon Holloway of Highways that these have been logged. Brian has also taken photos of blocked gullies while on a walkabout.
The Clerk reported that the majority of the rent requests had been received and that Cornbury had been paid their rent for the Allotment site.
14. Reports from Organisations
The Cricket Club has a full fixture list and now plan to move their April matches to play at home as football will not be taking place.
It has been finally confirmed by the Ascott FC Chairman that they have permanently moved to Leafield. The Leafield PC has agreed 12 months rent free. Mike Ody has not communicated but has returned the keys via Shane Barnes. The Sports Club has received a grant from WODC for Covid disruption to income which will be very helpful.
Nothing to report
Nothing to report
15. Parish Councillor Vacancies
The Clerk would speak with WODC and advise the Parish Council accordingly on the correct dates and timings of co-option
17. Any Other Business
There being no further business, Cllr Carter declared the meeting closed at 9.50pm
Cllr Philippa Carter (Chairman)
Date: Monday 10 May 2021 (to be held remotely)