- Brian Leach
- Pauline Plant
- Philippa Carter
- Sarah Russell (co-opted)
- Keith Ravenhill (co-opted)
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public
- Sue Richards
Received from CCllr Leffman and DCllr Acock.
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting
The Minutes recorded from the virtual meetings held on 12 April 2021 and 10 May 2021 were approved as a true record, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. Declarations of interest
The Clerk reported that confirmation had been received from WODC that the PC could now go ahead and complete the co-option process for 2 new councillors. Cllr Leach welcomed Sarah Russell and Keith Ravenhill to the meeting, the Clerk gave the paperwork for completion from WODC to both. The clerk was asked to record the co-option of Sarah and Keith accordingly.
PCllr Leach asked Sarah and Keith if they had any declarations of interest. Both recorded they had none.
5. Financial Report
Bank Balance £54,097.48
24th May OCC Grass Cutting Fee £527.75
21 May 21 Chq 200212 Zurich Insurance £1981.68
25 Jun 21 Chq 200213 Angela Barnes Salary £235.34
30 Jun 21 Chq 200214 HMRC PAYE £59.00
8 June 21 Chq 200215 Tonnes Away £60.00
Bank Statement reconciliation
The Clerk had emailed the Bank Statements and Reconciliation, together with copies of the parish funds, to all councillors prior to the meeting. These were reviewed and approved at the meeting.
RFO Stuart Fox had sent the year end accounts and paperwork to the External Auditors Moore East Midlands, including the APGAR application. An email response has been received from the External Auditors, as follows:
This email is to acknowledge receipt of your AGAR Part 2 exemption certificate for Ascott – Under Wychwood Parish Council.
As you have claimed exemption from the review process, we will not issue a Report from the External Auditor nor a conclusion of process certificate.
Unless we receive an objection from a member of your electorate you will not receive further communication from us.
Internal Audit Report
Margaret Ismail has completed the Internal Audit and reported the following:
1) PV11 for payment to Richard Squires is for £27.25 but the cash book and cheque no. 200135 shows £39.24 and the amount recorded in the minutes is £39.23. This seems to be an overpayment and the Treasurer will speak to Richard Squires.
2) Minutes for 6th April, 11th May, and 8th June are not signed.
3) In Minutes of 8th February 2021 no amount is recorded for cheque no. 200188 paid to HMRC for £59.00.
4) In Minutes of 8th March 2021 cheque no. 200199 for £45.98 is shown as 200198 with no date.
5) In Minutes of 12th April PV63, cheque no. 200202 for £741 is shown as £714.
6. Reports from County and District Councillors
No reports received.
7. Public Time
Cllr Leach welcomed Sue Richards and invited her to speak. Sue referred to the 20’s plenty campaign and asked the PC to review this as a priority. PCllr Leach agreed to raise the matter with CCllr Leffman.
NEW: (PC replied – no objections)
14 High Street
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 4th June 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/01131/HHD
PROPOSAL: Demolition of front porch and rear conservatory, replacement of new front porch
and new rear single storey garden room
LOCATION: 14 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs Weaver
REGISTERED: 12th May 2021
PLANNING OFFICER: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW: (PC replied – no objections)
Coldwell Brook 52 Shipton Road Ascott under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 22nd June 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/01561/FUL
PROPOSAL: Removal of existing garaging and realignment of driveway. Erection of a two storey replacement building to provide undercroft parking with a self-contained unit above.
LOCATION: Coldwell Brook 52 Shipton Road, Ascott under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs D Robinson
REGISTERED: 30th April 2021
GRANTED: (PC replied)
19 High Street
APPLICATION NO: 21/00343/HHD
PROPOSAL: Erection of a two storey annex
LOCATION: 19 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Ms Bronwen Bennie
REGISTERED: 1st February 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com
ONGOING: (PC replied)
BLUE CEDAR HOMES Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 April 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/00506/FUL
LOCATION: Land North West of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood Oxfordshire PROPOSAL: Erection of 7 one storey age restricted dwellings for older people (65 years) with access, landscaping and associated infrastructure
REGISTERED: 12 Feb 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
ONGOING: (PC replied)
BLOOMBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT LLP Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 30th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00651/OUT
PROPOSAL: Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the
demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new
open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.6ha.
LOCATION: Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge Development LLP
REGISTERED: 5th March 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONGOING: (PC replied)
6 Heritage Lane
CONSULTATION Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 29th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00594/HHD
PROPOSAL: Construction of detached outbuilding.
LOCATION: 6 Heritage Lane Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Ms Marybeth Harasz REGISTERED: 1st April 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com
GRANTED: (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of four dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane, Kingerlee Homes have informed the Parish Council that they expect to start work during the first 2 weeks of April. Cllr Carter wrote back to Kingerlee, the planning dept, WODC drainage and OCC Highways reminding them of the issues with surface water and sewage and asking that they make arrangements so that there is not a problem with deliveries or workmen’s parking
Traffic and Transport
Mark Pidgeon has collated the results of the traffic survey, which is now complete.
There has been little evidence of large numbers of HGVs being re-routed through Ascott by the Burford ETPO (see below). Overall numbers are still significantly below pre-Covid levels from the speed survey.
Figures from the bridge survey are not directly comparable as it is only a single site and combines both directions. Approximate numbers recorded are:
London Lane – 800 per day
Shipton Road – 600 per day
The full breakdown is given in the minutes of the T&T Group.
The speed awareness signage purchased by the village charity is ready to be erected, however requires additional fittings. The full cost of these with delivery is 73.02. The Parish Council voted to approve the expenditure.
PCllr Leach has approached Milton PC for information about the speed monitoring sign that they have been using around their village. This was purchased from a donation by a local resident to assist their Speed Watch program.
The T&T group has held several meetings with The Windrush Valley Traffic Action Group (WiVTAG) as a result of which we have been requested to join and to add our name to the list of parish and town councils supporting their aims.
WiVTAG is opposed to the temporary traffic order banning HGVs without permits from crossing Burford Bridge as that has been undertaken without consulting neighbouring PCs and is adding to traffic volumes on unsuitable roads through the area and impacts across the county from more vehicle movements. The PC agreed that a solution to the problems at Burford needs to be sought, but that it should be regional not unilateral.
PCllr Leach proposed that Ascott under Wychwood Parish Council should join WiVTAG with the aim to find sensible solutions to managing traffic flow through the region. This was passed unanimously.
NP – Heritage
The Heritage Group has met again to collate more of the history of the village as background evidence leading to the neighbourhood plan.
NP – Flood Risk
PCllr Carter has researched and drafted the application for maximum Locality funding of £10,000 to be put towards the upcoming flood risk consultancy to be undertaken by Evendale Young as the key prerequisite for site allocation and reservation the Neighbourhood Plan.
The first step of the flood risk work is a 4 day survey to be carried out by a third party (Rhys Morgans) with an additional day to process the data, the total cost of which including expenses will be £2968.00 ex VAT.
The PC voted unanimously to approve the payment.
9. Matters Arising
(a) Thames Water – Moratorium on Building.
Nothing to report.
(c) Dog Poo Bin at Gypsy Lane
Clerk to chase – WODC were due to look at the site this week.
10. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
Cllr Carter reported that the rabbit proof fencing was working well. The land was much drier and when erecting the fencing all brambles had been pulled from the trees.
11. Community Emergency Plan
The plan was discussed and Cllr Leach proposed that a full discussion should be had at the next meeting. The Clerk was asked to organise a refresher First Aid training session for using the Defibrillator and chase up the replacement pads. Both defibrillators have been registered with The Circuit, being the new national database. PCllrs Plant and Leach will perform the weekly checks.
Received from Margaret Burden, West Oxfordshire Community Transport: I am emailing you with the good news that we will be reinstating the Saturday service with effect from this Saturday coming, 5 June 2021. We have been able to do this because of Section 106 money for the development in Shipton received from OCC. We have seen a steady increase in passenger numbers and confidence in using the bus. We hope that reintroducing the Saturday service will further boost these numbers.
Nothing to report.
Cllr Leach reported that he had some strimming to do around the village, especially around the road signs. Cllr Leach reported on the blocked drains, especially by the school and asked all councillors to keep watch on the drains around the village and report any problems to WODC via Fix My Street.
Nothing to report, except it was all looking good.
15. Reports from Organisations
Lots of matches played. Most of June will be away matches.
Cllr Ravenhill agreed to represent the PC.
Nothing to report
Moore East Midlands – external audit
Shipton PC’s Clerk re new planning application, noted under planning
Margaret Burden West Oxfordshire Community Transport – noted under Transport
Parishioner Rachel Stratford – Meadowbank Close sign – passed on to CCllr Leffman
Burford Army Cadets – Cllr Leach agreed to make contact and meet up.
Complaint received from a parishioner re the cutting of ivy from trees when nesting season – Cllr Leach will pass this on to the PCC for them to discuss with their contractor.
17. Any Other Business
Cllr Philippa Carter tendered her resignation with immediate effect. The Clerk was asked to advise WODC accordingly and request the necessary paperwork for the co-option of Philippa’s replacement.
There being no further business, Cllr Leach declared the meeting closed at 9.20pm
Cllr Brian Leach (Chairman)
Date: Tuesday 13 July 2021