The Minutes recorded from the meeting held on 13 July 2021 were approved as a true record, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. Declarations of interest
4. Financial Report
8/8/21 Chq 200221 S Fox Postage stamps £7.92
25/8/21 Chq 200222 A Barnes Salary £235.54
31/8/21 Chq 200223 HMRC PAYE £58.80
10/8/21 Chq 200224 Playsafe Play (RoSPA) £115.80
9/9/21 Chq 200225 Ubico Dog waste bin Gypsy Lane £286.42
9/9/21 Chq 200226 A Barnes expenses £129.92
Groundwork Grant re Village Plan £10,000.00
Financial reports and the bank reconciliation emailed separately. Financial Regulations to be reviewed at the October meeting.
5. Reports from County and District Councillors
CCllr Leffman sent her report; the County Council has had a break during August, but business has continued as far as the new administration is concerned. We are committed to putting decarbonisation and climate resilience at the heart of our policies, as well as tackling inequalities and supporting everyone in the County to achieve their full potential. To this end we are in discussions with bus companies to set up a partnership which will improve access to buses across the county, and we have applied to government for funding to create a fleet of electric buses in the City. We will be building more cycle lanes, and we have started work on a new way of managing grass verges that will ensure safety at the same time as protecting wildlife. The previous administration included £250,000 in this year’s budget intended to extend 20mph speed limits across the county. They did not put in place any strategies for doing this but we are working on a new policy and this will come to the October Cabinet meeting. A pilot is taking place with five villages around the County and starting this autumn we will roll this out. We will support this with more funding in next year’s budget. Money will be allocated to villages that express an interest in putting a 20mph zone in place, so I urge Ascott to get an expression of interest in as soon as the scheme opens.
I have been asked by residents in East End for some more 20 is Plenty signs and will be binging some over later this week. In my capacity as Leader, I am also a member of the North Cotswold Line Task Force, and I will be working to make sure that my commitment to dualling the line between Charlbury and Hanborough is met, so that our train service can be improved and sustained.
I have not received any specific requests or seen any issues arise recently in the village, but I can confirm that I had a response from James Wright ref the more visible school sign that was requested some time ago. His suggestion is that the PC contacts the sign maker directly to order the sign, a copy of which with the specification is below. This will be quicker than waiting for OCC to get it sorted and probably also cheaper.
DCllr Acock sent his report; It has been a quiet summer for case work and council meetings.
The biggest issue that has arisen has been the Dutch barns application, which I have fully supported the parish council with. I have asked the officer that, if he is minded to grant permission for the application, he will send this application to the Uplands Planning Committee. The main objection from residents and the parish council is that the current planning application deviates from the planning permission in outline, granted last year.
I also encourage as many residents as possible to respond to the Oxfordshire Plan 2050 consultation which shall end at the end of September.
6. Public Time
No public time to report.
ONGOING (PC replied objected)
Land North East of 51 High Street
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 September 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/02804/RES
PROPOSAL: Reserved matters application for the erection of two detached dwellings with associated works including detached garaging and vehicular and pedestrian accesses to both properties. Town and Country Planning Act APPLICATION NO: 20/01592/OUT PROPOSAL: Residential development of two dwellings and revised agricultural access
(Outline application with some matters reserved)
LOCATION: Land North East Of 51 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge LLP REGISTERED: 17th August 2021
ONGOING (No objections PC replied)
Little Pips 53 Shipton Road
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 2nd September 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/02753/HHD
PROPOSAL: Two storey extension to south elevation, form porch to new entrance. Change of material to front gable from render to stone., change of material to remainder of front elevation and all of south elevation from render to timber cladding.
LOCATION: Little Pips 53 Shipton Road Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Mr And Mrs Morris
REGISTERED: 11th August 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com
ONGOING (No objections PC replied)
The Briars 2 Meadowbank Close
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 6th September 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/02717/HHD
PROPOSAL: Single storey rear extension
LOCATION: The Briars 2 Meadowbank Close Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs Stratford
REGISTERED: 12th August 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
14 High Street
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 4th June 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/01131/HHD
PROPOSAL: Demolition of front porch and rear conservatory, replacement of new front porch and new rear single storey garden room
LOCATION: 14 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs Weaver
REGISTERED: 12th May 2021
PLANING OFFICER: email@example.com
Coldwell Brook 52 Shipton Road Ascott under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 22nd June 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/01561/FUL
PROPOSAL: Removal of existing garaging and realignment of driveway. Erection of a two storey replacement building to provide undercroft parking with a self-contained unit above.
LOCATION: Coldwell Brook 52 Shipton Road, Ascott under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Mr & Mrs D Robinson
REGISTERED: 30th April 2021
ONGOING (PC replied)
BLUE CEDAR HOMES Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 April 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/00506/FUL
LOCATION: Land North West of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood Oxfordshire PROPOSAL: Erection of 7 one storey age restricted dwellings for older people (65 years) with access, landscaping and associated infrastructure
REGISTERED: 12 Feb 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
REFUSED (PC replied)
BLOOMBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT LLP Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 30th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00651/OUT
PROPOSAL: Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.6ha.
LOCATION: Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge Development LLP
REGISTERED: 5th March 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
GRANTED (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of four dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane, Kingerlee Homes have informed the Parish Council that they expect to start work during the first 2 weeks of April. Cllr Carter wrote back to Kingerlee, the planning dept, WODC drainage and OCC Highways reminding them of the issues with surface water and sewage and asking that they make arrangements so that there is not a problem with deliveries or workmen’s parking
8. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN
Roadshow event to be held 25/26 September in the Pavilion and Tiddy Hall respectively. Posters have gone up, and we intend to leaflet.Action: vote on spending for the leaflets (NP + Emergency Plan + Parking), cost £66.47.
Completed the history of Ascott, now using that to inform the section for the NP document regarding the character and heritage of the village.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSPORT
T&T have held their first roadshow event on the Green. This was largely intended to get people talking and raise awareness of the work done by the group ahead of the main roadshow (above), and to start gathering evidence from a doorstep survey. Liz Bell has offered to join the group, bringing her wealth of expertise in policing matters and knowledge of what can be done from a legal perspective. We have agreed with various residents to print more of the considerate parking leaflet as A6 to put onto the windscreens of cars that are blocking egress from properties.
The PC has received the full grant from Locality, enabling the work to be carried out by Evendale Young. Critical information is missing from the Environment Agency, believed lost (and not unexpected). EY will continue as best they can with caveats in respect of that missing information. Considerable work has gone into the mapping already and will be the centrepiece of the NP roadshow.
The terms of reference have been agreed and the group is ready to get going.
9. Matters Arising
(a) 5 Shipton Road – Ongoing
(b) Councillors’ Roles & Responsibilities – to be discussed at October meeting.
(c) First Aid / Defibrillator training £375 + VAT – Clerk to book
(d) Road signage – Ongoing
10. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
This was carried out by Cllrs Plant & Russell. Cllr Plant agreed to update the Risk Assessment document and prepare a report. All agreed that the next “walkabout” would be in 6 months and Cllr Leach would take Cllrs Richards and Ravenhill to show them around the sites the PC are responsible for.
11. Community Emergency Plan
Cllr Leach reported; this is scheduled to be discussed. He proposed that the PC include a section on preventative work to ensure that this is documented for future. Resident Mike Smith will join Cllr Ravenhill and Cllr Leach in clearing vegetation from the Charity Field side of the road between the bridge and the crossing, to ensure a clear path for flood water to reach the river. With the onset of autumn and falling leaves we will need to do ditch inspections and probable clearances this month. Request for volunteers to be delivered with the NP leaflet.
Cllr Leach reported; bus timetables would be delivered with the NP leaflets. Cllr Richards agreed to contact Marg Burden at WOTC. Cllr Leach suggested a door step survey could be carried out after the Roadshow.
Cllr Leach reported, the chaos brought about by the overrunning of the roadworks in Shipton, coincident with starting roadworks in Ascott, has clearly underlined the need to improve communications between the Parishes, and the extent to which we are powerless in the face of utility companies. TW determined the alternate route for their roadworks, which was itself highly inappropriate to the size of the roads. OCC also initially put in place a diversion for the Ascott roadworks that led to cars being sent both ways down a single track. My thanks to the OCC crew, the builders and the residents, in helping me to sort out this mess on bend of Church View large enough for an HGV to stack and adding slow signs. I have been in contact with Jill Maven, who is taking over as Chair of Shipton, to ensure we have better communications going forward. We will also have a ‘get to know you’ session with their parish councillors to discuss themes of mutual interest. In regard to the imminent roadworks for Chippy Hill, I have contacted the engineers and the proposed diversion through Shipton Road (three blind bends and the prospect of HGVs trying to navigate what is effectively a single lane road between Ascott and Shipton) has been moved to keep traffic on the main roads.
Cllr Leach confirmed that the Allotment plots were all taken and that further interest had been received for available plots. These were signposted to Shipton PC.
15. Reports from Organisations
Nothing to report.
Cllr Ravenhill reported that there was a meeting scheduled for 30 September.
a) Vandalism and antisocial behaviour at the Playing Field has been reported to the Police.
b) Cllr Russell reported that her son would be taking part in the Duke of Edinburgh award and asked if there was anything the Village and or PC needed that he could help with.
c) Road safety training with the school – Cllr Leach is going to organise this.
There being no further business, Cllr Leach declared the meeting closed at 9.10pm
Cllr Brian Leach (Chairman)
Date:Tuesday 12 October 2021