- Brian Leach
- Pauline Plant
- Sarah Russell
- Keith Ravenhill
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public
- Laurence Mellor
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting
The Minutes recorded from the meeting held on 14 December 2021 were approved as a true record, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. Declarations of interest
Cllr Plant declared an interest in the preschool fund request.
4. Financial Report
Bank Balance £51,474.46
3rd Dec Interest £1.36
12th Dec Sport England final payment re playing field drainage scheme £4,396.00
8th December BACS A Barnes December Salary £235.34
31st December chq 200233 PAYE £59.00
15th December Chq 200234 Xmas Tree £210.00
31st December Bank charges £9.00
HSBC are now raising bank charges on community accounts whereas in the past these were always operated free of any costs. There is a monthly fee of £5 and a payment for each transaction, other than online transactions
The bank reconciliation and financial report were emailed separately.
5. Reports from County and District Councillors
CCllr Leffman reported that there would be a County Council consultation from Monday 10 March, which were planned to be much broader that in the past with face to face meetings with groups, these being:
Special education needs & disabilities
Libraries & heritage strategy
CCllr Leffman reported on the Oxfordshire Youth Service being restarted over the next few months. Each district will have its own head of youth service worker and should be operational at the end of February.
CCllr Leffman reported that Oxfordshire had been recognised as the best for recycling. She reported on the HGV strategy in particular noting Charlbury Bridge and Burford Bridge. CCllr Leffman reported that the plan was now to have a regional strategy in regard to HGV traffic. CCllr Leffman also urged the parish council to look at the emerging OCC Transport plan.
Once again, no report was received from DCllr Alcock.
6. Public Time
No public time to report.
1 Wychwood Court, London Lane, Ascott under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 13th January 2022.
APPLICATION NO: 21/04028/HHD
PROPOSAL: Conversion of existing detached garage to create home office
LOCATION: 1 Wychwood Court, London Lane, Ascott under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Ms Eleni Renton
REGISTERED: 16th December 2021
PC Response: the only potential downside is the loss of parking, which has been covered off with the conversion of part of the garden to a driveway. No obections.
6 Heritage Lane, Ascott under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 28th January 2022.
APPLICATION NO: 21/04017/HHD
PROPOSAL: Construction of two rear dormer windows
LOCATION: 6 Heritage Lane Ascott Under Wychwood Chipping Norton
APPLICANT: Ms Marybeth Harasz
REGISTERED: 22nd December 2021
PC Response: this is not visible to anyone and no objection has been raised.
Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 25th November 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/03570/S73
PROPOSAL: Variation of condition 2 and removal of condition 8 of planning permission
17/01067/FUL to allow conversion of area over garage into a home office (plots 2 and 4) and changes to fenestration (plots 1 and 5) whilst still maintaining all amendments relating to design changes, repositioning of access road and alterations to boundary treatments as previously approved under 21/00542/S73.
LOCATION: Land North West Of 18 London Lane Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Kingerlee Homes Ltd
REGISTERED: 1st November
GRANTED (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of four dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane
ONGOING (PC replied)
BLUE CEDAR HOMES Land North West of 18 London Lane
Please send me your comments by: 15 April 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/00506/FUL
LOCATION: Land North West of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood
PROPOSAL: Erection of 7 one storey age restricted dwellings for older people (65 years) with access, landscaping and associated infrastructureREGISTERED: 12 Feb 2021 Planning Officer: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
GRANTED (PC replied objected)
Land North East of 51 High Street
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 September 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/02804/RES
PROPOSAL: Reserved matters application for the erection of two detached dwellings with associated works including detached garaging and vehicular and pedestrian accesses to both properties. Town and Country Planning Act APPLICATION NO: 20/01592/OUT PROPOSAL: Residential development of two dwellings and revised agricultural access
(Outline application with some matters reserved)
LOCATION: Land North East of 51 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge LLP REGISTERED: 17th August 2021
WODC Graduate Planning Officer: email@example.com
Cllr Leach reported that the reserved matters regarding the layout and design had been submitted: the PC had objected on the basis of the change to the layout, the loss of the turning head and the inappropriate design and finish to the properties. The architects had made some welcome changes to accommodate the issues regarding design and finish, but the primary issue of the loss of the turning head, which had been a feature of the Design and Access Statement under which outline planning was granted, still remained.
BLOOMBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT LLP Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 30th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00651/OUT
PROPOSAL: Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.6ha.
LOCATION: Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge Development LLP
REGISTERED: 5th March 2021
Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF PLANNING APPEAL
Land North East of 53 High Street Ascott under Wychwood
ORIGINAL APPLICATION No. 21/00651/OUT
APPEAL REF: APP/03125/W/21/3281901
APPEAL START DATE: 17.12.2021
Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.06ha
8. Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Leach reported that the steering group had received the first draft of the hydrology report from Edenvale Young. Cllr Leach, Pippa Carter and Mark Purvis have all taken an initial view of the report and determined that there is a need to produce an executive summary to give a meaningful and clear precis of the highly technical findings, and to set out what these mean in policy and risk management terms.
9. Matters Arising
(a) 5 Shipton Road
PCllr Leach reported that there had been an initial fact-finding meeting between representatives of the parish council and a potential developer and financier to consider the potential for creating a mix of sustainable properties on the site, in line with the need to provide affordable housing alongside properties for downsizers. This is an early investigation and no decisions have been made.
(b) Road signage – the 20mph had been applied for.
(c.) OALC 2050 Consultation – Ongoing
(d.) Litter Pick – date for early February to be confirmed.
10. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
Nothing to report.
11. Community Emergency Plan
Cllr Leach reported that following the village walkabout (see minutes of December meeting) the PC has received a lengthy and detailed document from Pippa Carter setting out the warning signs and areas of preventative maintenance along with background information to help future parish councillors understand the risks.
The PC is extremely grateful for this document and will in time distil it into a series of tasks to be performed on a seasonal calendar.
Cllr Plant agreed to contact a potential contractor to carry out some of these maintenance works.
Cllr Leach further reported on a meeting organized by CCllr Leffman with representatives of Thames Water. This had been a positive meeting with an exchange of ideas in which we highlighted the issues faced by the village in terms of topography, geology, geography and the resultant flood and sewerage risks. A follow up meeting has been proposed for later in the year to go over some of the potential mitigations, and to chart the known pipework through the village. In return, TW have requested access to the relevant sections of the neighbourhood plan as it evolves to inform their knowledge of the area.
Nothing to report
Cllr Russell reported on the potholes by the Church and that London Lane was scheduled to be closed on 19th January for resurfacing work. Cllr Russell reported that Thames Water had proposed to close London Lane from 24 to 28 January.
14. Carols round the Christmas Tree
Cllr Leach reported that £83.47 was collected and would be donated to the Foodbank. Cllr Leach asked the Clerk to minute thanks for support from Mark Pidgeon and Elaine Byles, Alan Anston, John & Debra Cull and Juliet Heslewood.
15. Reports from Organisations
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
Petition for Virtual Meetings (emailed)
Queens Platinum Jubilee (emailed) – Clerk was asked to add to Matters Arising (February)
December update (emailed)
Local Transport & Connectivity Plan (emailed)
Ascott under Wychwood Pre-School (emailed) – Clerk was asked to add to Matters Arising (February)
17. Any Other Business
There being no further business, Cllr Leach declared the meeting closed at 8.50pm
Cllr Brian Leach (Chairman)
Date: Tuesday 8 February 2022