- Brian Leach
- Pauline Plant
- Sarah Russell
- Keith Ravenhill
- Sue Richards
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public
- Elaine Byles
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting
The Minutes recorded from the meeting held on 14 June 2022 were approved as a true record, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. Declarations of interest
4. Financial Report
Bank Balance £58,404.75
3rd June Interest £5.41
17th June Sue Richards refreshments for APC £66.76
28th June WODC dog waste bin London Lane 2020 £195.35
WODC dog waste bin London Lane 2022 £202.43
27th June Bank charges £9.00
12th July Angela Barnes Salary £239.22
30th June HMRC Cheque No. 200242 PAYE £59.80
31st July HMRC Cheque No. 200243 PAYE £59.80
Bank reconciliation and financial report were emailed separately.
Margaret Ismail carried out the Internal Audit. The following items were identified, which are duly noted and will be amended according
PV19: BACS payment to GWP Consultants on 4th October for £3,503.23 is shown in the Minutes of 12th October as £2919.36, the VAT amount of £583.87 should be added to the total recorded in the Minutes.
PV21: £450 for Defibrillator Training was paid by cheque no 200230 but is shown in the Minutes of 9th November as a BACS payment.
PV35: £58.80 paid by cheque no 200235 on 31st January is not recorded in the minutes.
5. Reports from County and District Councillors
CCllr Leffman reported that the implementation of 20mph funding had been published on the Council website and Phase 1 should be completed by the end of the calendar year. She confirmed that there would be no cost to parish councils and advised the PC to include in the Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) any other things that need addressing, for example implementing a 40pmh sign down London Lane.
CCllr Leffman reported that a bus summit had been held, which discussed the rural bus services and its plan to campaign to get more people to use the bus services.
CCllr Leffman reported that Oxfordshire had been commended by USwitch for recycling and climate change. She reported that a full council meeting had been held and a strategy for HGV’s to be piloted in the Windrush area.
6. Public Time
Cllr Leach welcomed Elaine and invited her to address the meeting.
Q:Elaine reported on the dog bins, in particular Heritage Lane. She brought up missing kerb stones, particularly around the Green.
A: CCllr Leffman advised Elaine to report this on “Fix My Street”.
Q: Elaine asked the PC to consider a sign on the Gate into the Pound to welcome visitors. A:Cllr Leach agreed to look into this. The Clerk would add it to Matters Arising for the September meeting.
Q: Elaine asked about the garden at the Railway and who was responsible for maintaining it?
A: Cllr Leach explained that this was NR land and who agreed to let a working party maintain it with plants.
Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 25th November 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/03570/S73
PROPOSAL: Variation of condition 2 and removal of condition 8 of planning permission
17/01067/FUL to allow conversion of area over garage into a home office (plots 2 and 4) and changes to fenestration (plots 1 and 5) whilst still maintaining all amendments relating to design changes, repositioning of access road and alterations to boundary treatments as previously approved under 21/00542/S73.
LOCATION: Land North West Of 18 London Lane Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Kingerlee Homes Ltd
REGISTERED: 1st November
GRANTED: (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of four dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane
WODC Address Management have received an application to address 4 properties at site on London Lane. Planning Application 17/01067/FUL .
SNN2022001 Development London Lane
The plan is to allocate a new court name to the development and number the properties onto the court. The developer has proposed the following name: “Gamekeepers Court”
ONGOING: (PC replied)
BLUE CEDAR HOMES Land North West of 18 London Lane
Please send me your comments by: 15 April 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/00506/FUL
LOCATION: Land North West of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood
PROPOSAL: Erection of 7 one storey age restricted dwellings for older people (65 years) with access, landscaping and associated infrastructureREGISTERED: 12 Feb 2021 Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
GRANTED (PC replied objected)
Land North East of 51 High Street
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 15 September 2021
APPLICATION NO: 21/02804/RES
PROPOSAL: Reserved matters application for the erection of two detached dwellings with associated works including detached garaging and vehicular and pedestrian accesses to both properties. Town and Country Planning Act APPLICATION NO: 20/01592/OUT PROPOSAL: Residential development of two dwellings and revised agricultural access
(Outline application with some matters reserved)
LOCATION: Land North East of 51 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge LLP REGISTERED: 17th August 2021
WODC Graduate Planning Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
REFUSED: (PC replied)
BLOOMBRIDGE DEVELOPMENT LLP Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 30th April 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/00651/OUT
PROPOSAL: Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.6ha.
LOCATION: Land North East Of 53 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Bloombridge Development LLP
REGISTERED: 5th March 2021
Planning Officer: email@example.com
NOTIFICATION OF PLANNING APPEAL
Land North East of 53 High Street Ascott under Wychwood
ORIGINAL APPLICATION No. 21/00651/OUT
APPEAL REF: APP/03125/W/21/3281901
APPEAL START DATE: 17.12.2021
Outline Planning Application (with some matters reserved except access) for the demolition of existing building and construction of up to seven dwellings and new open space/Memorial Garden of approximately 0.06ha
APPEAL REF: APP/03125/W/21/3281901
APPEAL DISMISSED 17 JUNE 2022
8. Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Leach reported:
History and Heritage
Work is taking place to incorporate the History of Ascott into the Parish Vision. Cllr Leach continues his research into the modern era through the Parish Minutes and is drafting the new section. This will be fed back through the other group members and the steering group before being uploaded to the web site.
Employment, Amenities and Services
Work is continuing with this section. A new draft of the amenities and services, relating this more closely to the National Planning Policy, has been created and is now in a coherent state but there is more to add. Cllr Leach will be meeting with Pippa Carter on Thursday to discuss progress.
Cllr Leach has written to Chris Witlow at Edenvale Young to request the final invoice and some additional high-resolution copies of some of the figures included in the report. There may be an additional charge for this, which will be advised.
9. Matters Arising
(a) 5 Shipton Road – Cllr Leach had met with parishioners Chris George and Richard Squires to discuss this. He explained that a 3rd Architect had been employed, but no more progress to report at this stage.
(b) Road signage – carry forward nothing to report
(c) OALC 2050 Consultation – carry forward nothing to report
(d) Christmas shopping Train service
(e) Tree – replacement & where to plant – carry forward
(f) Parking outside The Swan & vandalism – the Clerk would reply to Mr Hollywood who had sent an email and attached photographs of damage to his vehicle whilst parked outside the Swan. The Clerk would contact the owner/manager of the Swan to report the inconsiderate parking and invite them to a PC meeting to discuss ways accommodate everyone.
(g) WODC amended Code of Conduct – carry forward
10. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
RoSPA were due to visit and carry out their annual inspection in July. Cllr Plant reported that the ivy clearing continues.
11. Community Emergency Plan
Cllr Leach reported that the preparation for winter would start and he would contact Mike Tucker re salt bags for this year.
CLPG have requested assistance in (a) a survey of service needs at the two Wychwood stations, and (b) identifying likely numbers to present to GWR for the additional pre-Christmas services.
The PC agreed to assist, and to publicize the Christmas service in the Grapevine to ask for interested residents to contact us.
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
15. Reports from Organisations
(a) Sports Clubs – nothing to report.
(b) Village Charity – nothing to report.
AVIVA available funding
Tom Hollywood – vandalism to car parked outside The Swan (see matters arising)
Susan Sale Interim Monitoring Office -new Code of Conduct
Notification of change of consultation system
Clerks & Councils direct
CLPG Summer Newsletter and Invoice
MOORE External Auditor (Stuart)
17. Any Other Business.
1. Parishioner Mark Pidgeon had offered a pop-up Gazebo to the PC – all agreed this could be put to good use and accepted the kind offer.
2. Dog waste bin (dual bin) Heritage Lane
3. OALC – Cllr Richards was free
4. Electric charging – Clerk was asked to add this to Matters Arising for September.
5. Greenery by the Green was overhanging and needs to be cut back.
There being no further business, Cllr Leach declared the meeting closed at 9pm and wished everyone a happy summer break. The PC will meet in September.
Cllr Brian Leach (Chairman)
Date: Tuesday 13 September 2022