- Brian Leach
- Pauline Plant
- Sarah Russell
- Keith Ravenhill
- Sue Richards
- Angela Barnes
Members of the Public
Received from CCllr Leffman and DCllr David Cooper.
1a. On the Death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
The Parish and residents of Ascott under Wychwood wish to extend their condolences to the Royal Family on this sad occasion of the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. May she rest in peace.
The Church will be open and a Book of Condolence present for all who wish to record their messages of support.
An entry has been added in the Book of Condolence from the Parish Council and notices have been displayed on FaceBook and around the village. Paul Cunningham has been asked to add this to the village website.
2. Minutes of the Last Meeting
The Minutes recorded from the meeting held on 12 July 2022 were approved as a true record, duly signed, dated and filed.
3. Declarations of interest
4. Financial Report
Bank reconciliation and financial report were emailed separately.
The External Auditor Report has been received, together with the External Auditor’s Certificate 2021/22. It was reported that Sections 1 and 2 were recorded in the wrong order in the Minutes.
Bank Balance £56,979.38
BACS OCC Library subsidy April to September 2022 £297.00
BACS OCC Library Subsidy October to March 2023 £297.00
BACS CLPG Subscription £15.00
27th July Bank Charges £9.00
10th August BACS A Barnes Salary £239.22
31st August Chq 200244 HMRC PAYE £59.80
27th August Bank Charges £9.00
6th September BACS Playsafety Playground Inspection £117.60
10th September BACS A Barnes Salary £239.22
30th September Chq 200245 HMRC £59.80
BACS A Barnes Expenses £82.73
(Post £8.16, Telephone £10.00, Mileage £64.57)
5. Reports from County and District Councillors
No reports received.
6. Public Time
No public time.
Land North West of 18 London Lane
Deadline: Please send me your comments by: 25th November 2021.
APPLICATION NO: 21/03570/S73
PROPOSAL: Variation of condition 2 and removal of condition 8 of planning permission
17/01067/FUL to allow conversion of area over garage into a home office (plots 2 and 4) and changes to fenestration (plots 1 and 5) whilst still maintaining all amendments relating to design changes, repositioning of access road and alterations to boundary treatments as previously approved under 21/00542/S73.
LOCATION: Land North West Of 18 London Lane Ascott under Wychwood
APPLICANT: Kingerlee Homes Ltd
REGISTERED: 1st November
GRANTED: (for reference)
12-18 London Lane 17/01067/FUL Appeal Ref: APP/D3125/W/17/3179654
Construction of four dwellings and associated works at Land North West of 18 London Lane
WODC Address Management have received an application to address 4 properties at site on London Lane. Planning Application 17/01067/FUL
SNN2022001 Development London Lane
The plan is to allocate a new court name to the development and number the properties onto the court. The developer has proposed the following name: “Gamekeepers Court”
(Outline application with some matters reserved)
LOCATION: Land North East of 51 High Street Ascott Under Wychwood
8. Neighbourhood Plan
Cllr Leach reported that a new section for the Parish Vision in regard to Flood Risk was well under way and a meeting of the Steering Group will take place in two weeks. Cllr Richards requested a copy of the Traffic and Transport latest draft for comment.
9. Matters Arising
(a) 5 Shipton Road – Carry Forward
(b) Road signage – 3 new street signs now replaced in the Village. Residents very pleased.
(c) OALC 2050 Consultation – Carry Forward
(d) Christmas shopping Train service – this has been advertised in the Grapevine and responses covering 16 people had been received. These have been passed onto CLPG. Additionally, the PC has offered to put up posters in an attempt to garner more support closer to the time. Carry Forward
(e) Tree – replacement & where to plant – a suitable site has been identified at the Playing Field. A suitable tree is still to be decided – Carry Forward
(f) Parking outside The Swan & vandalism – Clerk to contact Luc Morel again and invite him to attend the October meeting and to advise that the PC have been notified of another vehicle blocking access along the Shipton Road – Carry Forward
(g) West Oxfordshire Local Plan – Consultation response – a brief discussion was held, given the short time to send a response, the Clerk was asked to contact WODC and request an extension to the response date. In the meantime, Cllr Leach has posted an initial response and will organise a Zoom meeting for the Cllrs to decide on a more complete response – Carry Forward
(h) Vehicle Electric charging points – Carry forward
10. Risk Assessment and Ground Maintenance
Cllr Plant reported that the clearing of the Ivy at the Playing Field was now complete and that the next project was the Ivy in the Churchyard.
Cllr Plant reported on the RoSPA Inspection Report. There were no issues that needed immediate attention. Cllr Plant reported that she would ask a contractor to inspect the matting, which was showing signs of wear and tear; and the Zip Wire.
11. Community Emergency Plan
Cllr Leach reported that he has cleared a number of drains but others will need reporting on Fix My Street. The pipes taking surface water from the village under the road outside Manor Farm had been blocked by a piece of plastic sheeting that had washed down. This had also been cleared.
Cllr Leach had corresponded with Mike Tucker in regard the salt store and it had been decided that it was not necessary to order more salt for this year following the mild winter.
The contact details on the Emergency Plan will need updating following the change in personnel at the Tiddy Hall Committee.
The PC had been notified that the defibrillators are subject to a product recall following identification of software issues on some units. The units have been booked for pick up and servicing, but to date no further communication has been received from the manufacturers.
Cllr Richards reported that the WOCT bus service usage was positive.
Cllr Russell reported that OCC had still not painted the lines on the bridge up Chipping Norton hill to alert drivers there was a “Give way” traffic order. She reported again on the number of potholes, notably on the stretch between the railway crossing and the new surfacing of the bridge, which had already been reported on “Fix my Street”
Nothing to report. The question of additional water storage to be carried over to next year.
15. Reports from Organisations
(a) Sports Clubs – nothing to report.
(b) Village Charity – Cllr Ravenhill reported that the Charity would be sending a letter to parishioners inviting them to donate items or funds for distribution to those that are in need.
The Planning Inspectorate – Appeal Dismissed (under Planning)
Moore External Auditor
RoSPA Inspection & Report
Defibrillator product recall
OALC Update for August
Advice on Mourning the sad death of her Majesty The Queen
West Oxfordshire Local Plan – CPRE consultation process
TTRO High Street 26 September to 29 September
Clerks & Councils Direct
17. Any Other Business.
Station Garden – Cllr Russell reported that a working party had carried out some remedial works and a second party would be organised to carry on working on this site. The PC would like to thank Pippa Carter, Juliet Heslewood, Sue Hickman and Tom Russell for their assistance.
Cost of Living – Cllr Richards suggested that the PC needs to do more to reach out to the many residents who are extremely worried about the increased costs. Following discussion on what the PC could legally do, it was agreed that the best way forward would be to work closely with WODC and to look into hosting an event to include organizations that can offer practical assistance. Cllr Leach to take this forward.
Dog Poo Bins – Cllr Leach reported that the dog poo bin in Heritage Lane has still not been replaced. The clerk was asked to contact WODC and organise it replacement ASAP.
Village Fete – Cllr Leach reported that he and many parishioners would like to resurrect “The Village Fete”. Cllr Leach will work on this.
There being no further business, Cllr Leach declared the meeting closed at 8.45pm. The next PC will be held on Tuesday 11 October.
Cllr Brian Leach (Chairman)
Date: Tuesday 11 October 2022