Parish Councillors Present:
Stuart Fox (Chairman)
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN and VICE CHAIRMAN:
Cllr Stuart Fox opened the meeting and invited nominations from the newly elected Parish Council for a Chairman and a Vice Chairman. Cllr Bridgette Crundwell proposed Cllr Rob Morgan as Chairman and Cllr Laurence Mellor seconded this proposal. Cllr Philippa Carter proposed Bridgette Crundwell as Vice Chairman and this was seconded by Cllr Laurence Mellor. Past Chairman Stuart Fox wished the new Parish Council well and was excused from the meeting.
No apologies received
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:
The Minutes from the April meeting held on Monday 12 April were agreed and duly dated, signed and filed.
5. FINANCIAL REPORT:
The Clerk asked the meeting to agree to Stuart Fox being the Responsible Financial Officer. This was discussed and agreed unanimously.
£5,250.00 WODC Precept
£133.89 Parish Survey (Kathy Pearce)
£10.00 Allotment Rent (Peter Greening)
£10.00 Sports Club Rent
£488.91 HMRC Vat Refund
NB: The following cheques were issued on 31 March 2010:
Chq 100716 £100.00 Wychwood Day Centre
Chq 100717 £54.45 WODC RoSPA Inspection
Chq 100718 £130.30 OALC Annual Subscription
Chq 100719 £150.33 A Barnes quarterly expenses
Chq 100720 £482.53 A Barnes quarterly salary
Chq 100721 £120.63 HMRC PAYE
NB: The following cheque was issued on 12 April 2010:
Chq 100722 £136.00 Tiddy Hall rent
Payments for May:
Chq 100723 £300.00 Lord Rothchild’s Settlement 3 years Allotment Rent
Chq 100724 £1,737.03 AoN Insurance
6. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
CCllr Rodney Rose reported that the snow leaflet was almost complete and that he and officers attended a wash-up meeting last week. Unfortunately progress on this and other issues had been held up due to the General Election. There followed a short Q&A session about what Highways would and would not do in the event of adverse weather conditions. CCllr Rose reported that the Area Stewardship would be appointed next week.
7. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
8. MATTERS ARISING:
• Water accumulation outside Sunset House: Works now done Council request to keep this Ongoing
• Beyond the Level Crossing: Works now done, but needs to be checked that it has been jetted Ongoing
• Ditch on the Charity Land: It was agreed that the ditch was in good condition and well maintained, but there was a problem because the pipes feeding from the culvert into the ditch were too low and the water and the level of the ditch needs to be lowered so that the pipes are above the water level. This would improve water flow and help to prevent the culvert becoming full of silt. PC to discuss with the Village Charity in January to fund the works necessary. Ongoing
• Salt Bins and gritting/clearing the roads (preferred routes) : Council request to keep this Ongoing
Ditch opposite Sunset House:
An invoice from Bidwells, the Land Agent for Cornbury, had been received for the last two years and this year’s rent. The Clerk was asked to write again to Cornbury and ask if they would consider a reduction in the rent in return for the Parish Council carrying out the administration of the allotments.
Pavilion/Sports Club/Playing Field:
Site screens now removed.
Natural History Project:
Cynth Napper from ONCF wrote to the PC to ask if they would consider contributing half towards the cost of the wood to make bat and bird boxes. The Clerk has asked how much half would be and if this could include bee boxes too.
Reply received forwarded to councillors and Cllr Morgan agreed to speak with Paul Cunningham about the website.
9. CONTINGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Philippa Carter gave an update on the flood remedial works and confirmed that work had commenced again on the Railway Bridge. Cllr Carter reported that a coffer dam had been constructed on a platform under the bridge on which to stand the pile driver, which would be in place for some three to four weeks, weather permitting. She reported that the contractors hope to complete the whole job by July. Finally she reported that the remedial works on the bund and swale was 90% complete.
10. THE GRAPEVINE:
The Clerk read the letter received from Wendy Pearse to the meeting again, the content of which was discussed. Cllr Bridgette Crundwell proposed the Parish Council’s donation should be increased from £200.00 to £350.00. This proposal was seconded by Cllr Rob Morgan and the Clerk was asked to organise the additional payment of £150.00.
11. THE ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD VILLAGE CHARITY:
The Clerk was asked to carry this forward to the June Agenda.
No new planning applications had been received. It was noted that the hoarding around 2A Shipton Road had been taken down and works had commenced.
OPFA Spring Edition
CLPG Spring News
OALC April Update (already emailed to councillors)
Thames Valley Primary Care Agency – letter acknowledging the PC’s letter
ORCC Spring Summer 2010 Review
14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
Cllr Laurence Mellor accepted responsiblity for the Allotments and Cllr Philippa Carter accepted responsibility for the Contingency Plan.
15. PUBLIC QUESTIONS:
There were no public questions.
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 9.40pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 14 June 2010.