Parish Councillors Present:
Rob Morgan (Chairman)
Members of the Public:
County Councillor Rodney Rose
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The recorded minutes from the meeting held on Monday 14 June were agreed and duly signed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
There were no declarations of interest.
Cllr Carter reported to the meeting that Pauline Marshall had agreed to be co-opted on to the Parish Council. The Clerk was asked to notify West Oxfordshire District Council and arrange the necessary paperwork for completion.
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
7. SPORTS PAVILION:
Cllr Morgan welcomed Roger Shepherd to the meeting and invited him to give his report on handing over the responsibility for the running of the Sports Pavilion to the Parish Council. Roger confirmed to the meeting that both he and John Cull wished to step down from their official roles. However Roger confirmed that he would be happy to continue helping and supporting the Sports Pavilion. Roger read out the Consitution to the meeting and advised them that the AGM was going to be held on Thursday 29 July at 7.30pm in the Pavilion. There followed a brief Q&A session between the Councillors and Roger with regard to the finances, the charging system and the booking system etc. It was agreed that Roger would collect together all of his papers and have a meeting to go through and hand over. Cllr Morgan thanked Roger for his hard and John Cull’s hard work.
Cllr Morgan discussed the responsibility for this role and it was agreed that a sub-committee should be formed. Cllr Crundwell proposed Cllr Mellor to be responsible for the overall running of the Sports Pavilion, assisted by Cllr Carter with Stuart Fox as the responsible financial officer. This proposal was seconded by Cllr Morgan and the Clerk was asked to speak to Stuart Fox about this.
8. FINANCIAL REPORT:
The Clerk reported that the current bank balance is £9,737.96 and the following income and expenditure was noted.
100731 £495.00 Splitwood (N Burman) Tree Surgery
100732 £91.65 Patrick Edwards Mower Repairs
100733 £99.30 Clerks quarterly expenses
100734 £482.53 Clerks quarterly salary
100735 £120.63 HMRC
100737 £66.93 Tractor Battery (Shane Barnes)
9. MATTERS ARISING:
Oxfordshire Highways and Network Rail:
- Water accumulation outside Sunset House: Works now done Council request to keep this Ongoing
- Beyond the Level Crossing: Works now done, but needs to be checked that it has been jetted Ongoing
- Ditch on the Charity Land: Ongoing
- Salt Bins and gritting/clearing the roads (preferred routes) : The Clerk was asked to contact CCllr Rodney Rose about the bin in the Tiddy Hall car park which is damaged and not repairable. Ongoing
- Ditch opposite Sunset House Ongoing
Cllr Morgan reported that he had met with Robert Bednarski of Network Rail on Monday 12 July at 9am please refer to summary below:
The meeting took place at the level crossing, Ascott under Wychwood, its purpose being to discuss the proposed works by Network Rail in the vicinity. Mr Bednarski confirmed that the ditch on the west side of London Lane was the responsibility of Network Rail. Network Rail is also responsible for the culvert under the railway as far as the south side of the farm access on the north side of the railway. The responsibility for the ditch on the northwest side of the railway rests with Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) Network Rail’s current proposal is to remove the pipework and clear out the ditch which will then be lined with concrete. In addition Network Rail will construct four gulleys along the south kerbline of the junction which will discharge into the ditch. OCC will bear the cost of these gulleys. Wherever possible, vegetation will be cleared between the back of Shipton Road footpath and the south side of the ditch to improve sight lines. Work will commence in mid August. Network Rail has no responsibility for any ditch to the south west of their culvert crossing at Shipton Road. At the same time, work will also be carried out to clear the railway culvert at the rear of Wychwood Court. The ditch from the culvert to High Street is the responsibility of the Cornbury Estate. Mr Bednarski also undertook to provide Cllr Morgan with O.S. coordinates of all Network Rail’s culverts within the Parish Boundary.
Network Rail are currently proposing public car parking at Tyack’s Yard – no details are currently available. Cllr Morgan is trying to contact Network Rail’s Operational Portfolio Surveyor and it is hoped that David Northey will be able to attend the Parish Council’s meeting in September.
Pavilion/Sports Club/Playing Field:
Please refer to Agenda Item No. 7
Natural History Project:
10. CONTINGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Carter gave an update and presented a photograph to the meeting showing the progress made to date. The Councillors confirmed that they would attend one of the Emergency Planning sessions being held by district councils throughout July.
Cllr Mellor reported that he had received the layout/plan of the allotment land and that there were 14 plots in total which were all let. He did note that there were two sheds, but that he did not know who owned them. Ongoing.
12. THE ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD VILLAGE CHARITY:
The Clerk read the letter from Mark Dawbarn to the meeting again and Cllr Carter agreed to speak with Pauline Marshall and ask if she would consider representing the Parish Council as a Trustee. Cllr Carter confirmed she would let the Clerk know.
- 10/0894/P/FP Erection of single storey rear extension at 9 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
- 10/0920/P/FP Erection of two storey extension and detached garage at Yew Tree Cottage 31 High Street Ascott-under-Wychwood
- 10/0685/P/FP Insertion of three rooflights at Millers Barn 45A High Street
Letter from Mark Dawbarn on behalf of The Ascott-under-Wychwood Charity regarding Trusteeship of the Village Charity
Email from Stuart Fox representing the Village Charity asking if the PC would like any help with “Carols on the Green”
WODC Parish Survey of Rural Facilities
Cotswolds Conservation Board Twenty-Second Meeting of the Board
Clerks & Councils Direct
The Clerk was asked to reply to the email received from the Village Charity and confirm that Carols on the Green would be on the Agenda in September and the PC would let them know what help they need.
15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Cllr Morgan reported that the issue of parking in High Street had been raised and he confirmed that he had dealt with this.
- Cllr Morgan reported that the Village Fete would be held on 11 June 2011 and it would include a dog show.
- Cllr Carter reported that a parishioner had asked her to bring up the Hedgerow on London Lane. Cllr Carter agreed to speak with Cornbury and arrange for this to be cut back.
- Cllr Mellor reported that he had received a complaint about the Hedgerow on the Level Crossing – please refer to to Cllr Morgan’s report.
- Cllr Mellor reported that he had received an enquiry with regard to the grass verges along High Street. Cllr Mellor agreed to speak with the parishioner and confirm that this was historical.
16. PUBLIC QUESTIONS:
There were no public questions.
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 10.30pm and confirmed the next meeting would be held on Monday 13 September 2010.