- Philippa Carter (Chair)
- Sandy Timms (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Peter Rance
- Angela Barnes
Apologies were received from DCllr Tom Simcox and Cllr Mark Tribe.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the June Meeting were discussed, agreed and then duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest to be recorded.
4. FINANCIAL REPORT:
Internal Audit – ongoing
- £12,251.04 Trevor Stewart (Project SafePlay deposit) Chq No. 100918
- £116.09 Clerks quarterly expenses Chq No. 100919
- £559.86 Clerks quarterly salary Chq No. 100920
- £139.80 HMRC Post Office Chq No. 100921
- £5.07 Interest
£26,891.93 Bank Balance
5. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
No Report, apologies received
8. MATTERS ARISING
- Defibrillator – The Clerk and Financial Officer have sent all the necessary papers to Bill Wragge at WODC. The Clerk has chased this repeatedly and all are aware that we regard this as very urgent, particularly since the loss of a parishioner’s father at the end of June due to a heart attack.
- Wychwood Library – OCC have asked Ascott to appoint a village representative to a steering committee for the new Wychwood Library volunteers. The Librarian has offered to help identify a willing candidate. Cllr Timms will attend the first steering committee meeting on 22 July 2014.
- Culvert by Tyack’s Yard – ongoing as it is not clear whose responsibility it is.
- Parish Plan – to discuss in the Autumn.
- Parish Councillors’ individual roles & responsibilities – to be finalised by September.
- Additional Dog Bin on London Lane –The clerk has requested costings, awaiting reply.
- OCC Highways – the issues as discussed are set out below. OCC cannot give time frames for any of this work as the workload of other departments is unknown.
|Location||Issue||Advice / Actions|
|London Road (South)||Gullies||1. Report to Drainage / gully team as defect|
|London Road (South)||Vegetation on roadside||1. For LHR to inspect and action as necessary|
|London Road (South)||Private garden pond and spring – water going onto road||1. Speak to Gordon Hunt ref unique drainage system and what, if any, further action is planned?|
|Railway Drainage ditch||Ownership of land and ditch?||1. Speak to Gordon
2. Examine maps
|Northern Road to A361||Gullies||1. Report to Drainage / Gully team for inspection|
The Clerk was asked to chase CCllr Rodney Rose and David Clack with regards to the progress on the above.
There were no planning applications outstanding and no new applications to be considered. The Cornbury Estate has not yet called a consultation meeting about their proposals for the Yew Tree Farm development. The clerk was asked to make contact with the estate manager and find out what Cornbury’s intentions are.
10. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Nothing to report.
11. PROJECT SAFE PLAY:
Cllr Carter reported that WODC had agreed to fund the same percentage as agreed for the MUGA. She reported that Trevor Stewart, the contractor for Project Safe Play had been appointed and it was hopeful that he would be on site within a month. Cllr Mellor reported that the grant from Sport England for drainage works on the Playing Field had been agreed and that the next step would be for a Feasibility Study and a Topographical Study to be carried out.
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
Cllr Mellor reported that there had been a keen interest from the Village in playing Cricket again on the Playing Field. He reported that the Square had been cut 4 times and the last 2 cuts were with the use of the 22” roller mower handed over to the Parish Council by the previous Cricket section. All team cricket kit has now been handed over by the retired cricket captain and this is in store until an official team is formed.
13. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor reported on the salt being stored at Crown Farm and how much would need to be ordered for this year. He reported that he would like to hand over this project and its responsibility this year to the new PC members, but expressed that he would be available to help. The Clerk agreed to carry this forward to the September meeting when it would be discussed under Matters Arising, Item (e) Parish Councillors’ individual roles & responsibilities.
14. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that there had been a number of ad-hoc sessions, which appeared to be more convenient to the Helpers than one formally announced session. She reported that the culvert bank opposite the Signal Box continues to be cleared and the station garden bank weeded.
15. RISK ASSESSMENT
The Risk Assessment was discussed and reviewed. Cllr Carter reported on her concerns about the Pound and asked the Clerk to carry the Risk Assessment forward to the September meeting. Cllr Carter asked all councilors to bring their diaries to the September meeting with a view to arranging a “Village Walkabout”.
Cllr Mellor asked about RoSPA and their annual inspection as this would prove academic in light of the plans for the Playing Field. The Clerk agreed to contact RoSPA and discuss this and hopefully postpone the inspection until after the installation of new equipment.
- OALC Update (emailed)
- WODC Letter review of Polling Districts
- OCC – Letter re Commemorating the centenary of the start of World War One and the “LIGHTS OUT” Event 10pm to 11pm 4 August 2014
Cllr Carter asked, after having reviewed the OALC Update, if the PC could have a PC Diary? Potentially this could be updated to alert councillors of forthcoming events in plenty of time for them to attend should they wish. The Clerk was asked to add this to the September meeting under Matters Arising.
17. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no further business Cllr Carter declared the meeting closed at 9.40pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 8 September 2014 at 7.30pm.
Cllr Philippa Carter Dated 8 September 2014