- Philippa Carter (Chair)
- Sandy Timms (Vice)
- Mark Tribe
- Angela Barnes
Apologies were received from CCllr Rodney Rose, DCllr Tom Simcox, Cllr Peter Rance and Cllr Laurence Mellor.
MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The Minutes from the September Meeting were discussed, agreed and then duly signed, dated and filed.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest to be recorded.
Authorisation of payments
|£559.66||Clerks quarterly net salary||Chq 100924|
|£140.00||Post Office HMRC||Chq 100925|
|£262.30||Library Contribution||Chq 100929|
|£69.94||WODC Commercial Waste||Chq 100930|
|£123.73||Clerks quarterly expenses||Chq 100931|
|£3200.00||S Barnes Grasscutting||Chq 100932|
|£234.00||WODC Additional dog poo bin||Chq 100933|
Cllr Carter presented a spreadsheet, which gave details of the main sources of income received by the Parish Council, together with a list of all expenditure. This was reviewed and it was agreed that all councilors would consider expenditure, any additional costs, projects and donations to be included in next years Precept. The setting of the Precept would be discussed further at the November meeting.
COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT
There were no members of the public and so no public time recorded.
(a) Defibrillator – Ongoing
(b) Additional Dog Poo Bin – Complete
(c) Request for donation from Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Cllr Timms proposed a donation of £50, this was seconded by Cllr Carter.
(d) Risk Assessment including RoSPA Report;
Cllr Carter reported that the schedule of works from the Risk Assessment has been addressed and most urgent work carried out. Work to improve safety in the playground (as highlighted by the RoSPA report) is being undertaken as part of Project SafePlay and once that project is complete there will be a new inspection. The Clerk was asked to to include this as a main item in the Agenda for November and the recorded Minutes from the November meeting.
There were no new planning applications to be considered.
ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Nothing to report.
PROJECT SAFE PLAY
Cllr Carter reported that the Contractor had now started, but that progress had slowed up due to the weather. She reported that two picnic benches had now been subject to vandalism.
The Clerk reported, on behalf of Cllr Mellor, that he was waiting for a report from the surveys that have been carried out. Cllr Mellor had met with Wayne Barker to discuss drains on the High Street and was awaiting plans of the layout. It was confirmed that no works would commence before next Spring.
(a) London Lane South (Charlbury) Gullies – Cllr Carter reported that this was now complete.
(b) London Lane South (Charlbury) vegetation on roadside – Cllr Carter reported that Chris Badger has promised to do this over the Autumn/Winter.
(c) London Lane South (Charlbury) private garden pond – this will continue to be monitored.
ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB
The Clerk reported, on behalf of Cllr Mellor, that he was still trying to confirm with Gary Doggett the funds from the former cricket section.
COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN
The Clerk reported, on behalf of Cllr Mellor, that Cllr Mellor had met with Chris Badger regarding Winter Resilience plans and confirmed arrangements as per previous agreements. Cllr Mellor will be arranging training for colleagues as soon as practically possible.
HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD
Cllr Carter reported they had been working on the culvert opposite the Signal Box. She reported that bulbs had been ordered and that some bulbs had been donated by parishioners Mr & Mrs Simkins. Cllr Carter reported that she had spoken to Chris Badger with regards to the brambles. Chris Badger offered and has agreed to organise cutting the brambles. Cllr Carter reported that the next Helpers’ Session would be bulb planting in November and tidying the Pound in December.
Cllr Carter and Cllr Tribe reported on their recent “walkabout”. The Clerk was asked to record that the Parish Plan would be a developing document kept by Cllr Tribe but with contributions from all Councillors. Parishes are being encouraged to develop a Parish Plan which would help to guide Councillors in commenting on planning applications and other changes/improvements to the village. To carry weight it would need to be agreed by the community. Parish Plans from other communities will be investigated.
One issue that was being addressed was the closure of Dean Pit. Cllr Carter and Cllr Tribe attended a meeting together with numerous other parish councils, which was hosted at Chadlington by their Parish Council. Cllr Tribe reported that in support the Parish Council has written to the Prime Minister, the County Council, the District Council and the Town Council and was waiting for their responses.
The Clerk read Cllr Rance’s report to the meeting;
GoRide Bus Service
Cllr Rance had met Danny Douglas a Director of GoRide in September who was enthusiastic with the service and is keen to have satisfied customers and keen to expand the services if viable. Cllr Rance confirmed that the Grapevine would be happy to advertise a two page article plus a Flyer Timetable inserted in it and that Danny Douglas had been advised. Cllr Rance reported on the Aims; these being to cover complaints, how the service is designed and how problems are dealt with and may be enquire about the demand for new services. A reply to the above had been received from GoRide who were happy with Cllr Rance’s report further to their meeting and would contact Stuart Fox direct with regard to advertising in the Grapevine.
Cllr Rance gave a brief background – all GoRide buses have a GPS so locations/tunes are known and if a no or late show the Management would be aware and compensation is available (please refer to GoRide’s Website “Passenger Pledge”. Both Shipton and Milton Post Offices receive advance warning if there is a service problem, but unfortunately Ascott is not included within this due to the Village Shop not being on the Bus Route. GoRide are keen to see an improved train service at Ascott as they would like to connect their service with CLPG.
Update on CLPG Issues
Cllr Rance had spoken with CLPG Chairman John Ellis who was pleased that Ascott PC were Corporate Members and so already have a Transport focal point. He was however disappointed that the Village doesn’t have a local Rep (Milton and Shipton both have one, but Honeybourne don’t). John Ellis admitted that the CLPG has very few members (not even those he knows catch the single trains). He advised that his lack of involvement weakens CLPG lobbying for better services at Ascott. John Ellis reported that the CLPG have lobbied for an extra train in the May 2015 Timetable, but wont know the result before a draft is published in early 2015. He intends to meet Alan Field the new Cotswold Line Manager and Cllr Rance has suggested that the PC consider seeking to glad hand him too.
CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE
This was discussed and the Clerk was asked to organise ordering the Tree to be delivered on the week commencing Monday 1 December. This would then be erected and decorated on Saturday 6 December. The Clerk was asked to organise the printing of the posters. Cllr Carter had produced a checklist which had been emailed to all councilors and which would be used at the November and December meetings and again at the January meeting to debrief.
Cllr Timms reported that the funding was less than originally forecast. The Clerk confirmed that £262.30 for the first half of the first year’s funding had been paid. Cllr Timms reported that the date of the next meeting was to be confirmed.
Cllr Timms reported that the VC’s meeting was scheduled for Wednesday 15 October. Cllr Carter reported that she would be attending the meeting to give a presentation to request funds from the ringfenced Flood Fund and the Plant Fund. Cllr Carter would also be giving the VC an update on Project SafePlay and requesting their final decision on the play equipment they would like to sponsor.
WODC Local Plan (Emailed)
OALC Update (Emailed)
Letter from Rt Hon David Cameron MP
Email received from Allotment Tenant
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Cllr Carter reported on the letter she had received from the Rt Hon David Cameron MP with regard to the Post Office at Milton-under-Wychwood. This was read to the meeting and it was agreed, unanimously, that Cllr Carter should write again. Cllr Carter agreed to do this after she had spoken with John Naish.
There being no further business Cllr Carter declared the meeting closed at 9.50pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 10 November 2014 at 7.30pm.
Cllr Philippa Carter
Dated 10 November 2014