The following councillors were present: Mr N Braithwaite (Chairman), Mr M Pearce, Mr S Fox, Mrs W Pearse, Mrs E Byles. Also present were Mrs H Hibbert-Biles (District Councillor) and 1 member of the public.
1. APOLOGIES Apologies were received from Mr R Rose (County Councillor)
2. MINUTES The minutes of the meeting held on 14th October 2002 were agreed and signed.
3. MATTERS ARISING
Lower Green: No progress
Corner House Farm: A new planning application has been received with the shop being replaced by two extra flats. It was agreed that the Parish Council would deliver another letter to the Uplands Planning Committee supporting the application which includes the shop as this is the plan the village is committed to. The Chairman and Mr Pearce had spoken to the developer who explained that the new application is an alternative plan which includes social housing and might therefore be more likely to go through if the other one fails. Mr Swan from the floor voiced the concerns of the residents of High Street who will be most affected. They feel suspicious of the new plan especially because of the area around the sub station that may leave land available for more housing in the future. The residents in the area would support the plan with the shop. Mr Pearce hoped that Jeff Lowe would point out to the planning Committee the work already done on the business plan for the shop and especially the favourable comments from VERSA. It was resolved to delay commenting on the most recent plan until the outcome of the earlier plan has been determined.
Church Gates: The Chairman confirmed that the service of dedication for the gates will be after the 11 O’clock service on 17th November. Clerk to put posters up.
Mr Hill of The Green had expressed interest in buying the old gates but nothing has been confirmed. Action: Clerk/Chairman
Footbridge near Manor Farm: Work is in progress. A drawing of the works was distributed. There was concern that the handrail would be too high for children. The Environment Agency will be asked to investigate this as they are supervising the work. Action: Chairman
Footbridge at The Mill: Mrs Byles had been asked to bring up the point that the handrail on this bridge is also too high for children and since the bridge is also very narrow is more dangerous than the bridge near Manor Farm. The Clerk will contact OCC to see what can be done. Action: Clerk
Kerbing around The Green: The Clerk had contacted OCC several times but still no progress. Mrs Hibbert-Biles to look into the matter. Action: Mrs Hibbert-Biles
Jubilee Benches. Thank you letter sent to WODC.
Overgrown Hedgerow on London Lane: The Clerk has made three telephone calls to Cornbury but still no progress. It was agreed Clerk should write to them.
Langston House: Mrs Hibbert-Biles reported that there would now be a two year appraisal and it was still hoped that extending the home would be the best outcome. There are now three committees involved and Mrs Hibbert-Biles will be on the Management Committee. It is still important that it is given as much publicity as possible and it was agreed to distribute notices around the village. There had been an excellent turn out at the public meeting reflecting the strength of feeling in the community about this matter. The Clerk would contact Radio Oxford.
Martyr’s Bench: The Clerk had been in contact with the insurance company and the bench is not insured under our general insurance as previously thought. It will cost £22.00 to include it but they need to know if the Parish Council are responsible for the tree and it will have to inspected by a tree surgeon to prove that it is safe before they will add the bench to our policy. Clerk is waiting to hear from the insurance company in writing. Action: Clerk
Precept: Mr Fox asked Councillors to think about any expenditure plans that need to be added to the figures before the precept is set.
Rospa: Mr Pearce has actioned all the points in the Rospa report regarding the play equipment except the uneven stones near the gate. The Chairman offered to put some gravel over it. Action: Chairman
Declaration of Interests: Mr Pearce has now completed the appropriate forms.
Freedom of Information Act – Publication Scheme: The Clerk is to attend a training course at WODC and the Information Commissioner is providing a model scheme which we may be able to use.
Oxford Association of Local Councils: Chairman was unable to attend the meeting but will get information about the outcome of the meeting. Action: Chairman
The Wychwood Project: A letter had been received requesting a donation. It was agreed to give £50.00 Action: Clerk
Police: A letter had been received from the police to information us that our area beat officer has changed. It will now be PC Badrick.
W2002/110 DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS AND ERECTION OF NINE DWELLINGS AND ONE SHOP at CORNER HOUSE FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD. Outstanding.
W2002/1455 DEMOLITION OF EXISTING DWELLING. ERECTION OF SIX DWELLINGS & CONSTRUCTION OF NEW VEHICULAR ACCESS TO GARAGE COURTYARD at 2A SHIPTON ROAD, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Outstanding.
W2002/1520 ERECTION OF REAR EXTENSION at 29 LONDON LANE, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Passed.
W2002/1565 DEMOLITION OF EXISTING CONSERVATORY & ERECTION OF NEW CONSERVATORY TO REAR ELEVATION at 14 HIGH STREET, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD Passed.
W2002/1697 ERECTION OF REAR CONSERVATORY at 12 LONDON LANE, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD New.
W2002/1773 DEMOLITION OF REDUNDANT AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS & ERECTION OF ELEVEN DWELLINGS, FORMATION OF VEHICULAR ACCESS & ASSOCIATED CAR PARKING at CORNER FARM, ASCOTT UNDER WYCHWOOD New.
6. FINANCIAL REPORT
Received: ½ year precept £3250.00
Paid: Donation to Wychwood Day Centre £50.00
Shaw & Sons – Book on Allotment Law £18.95
7. REPORT FROM DISTRICT COUNCILLOR
Mrs Hibbert-Biles had already spoken on Langston House under matters arising.
She had been to a meeting on Community Health with South West Primary Care Trust and feared more closures of community hospitals. Planning training had taken up a lot of time but she had found it to be very interesting and informative. Mrs Hibbert-Biles explained that she has concerns about the legal framework with Europe at the top of the structure. She will be Chairing the Aims and Values Committee.
8. PUBLIC QUESTIONS
These were already dealt with under Matters Arising.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
Railtrack: Mr Pearce asked if Railtrack could be contacted again regarding flooding outside Wychwood Court as the culvert and ditch are their responsibility. Clerk to write to them. Action: Clerk
10. DATE OF NEXT MEETING
December Meeting: It was agreed to bring the next meeting forward to 2nd December as the Clerk will be away on the agreed date and there is a lot of business on the Agenda.
The meeting closed at 9.30 pm