WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal Data is any information about a living individual which allows them to be identified from that information. The processing of personal data is governed by legislation which applies in the United Kingdom including the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and other legislation such as the Human Rights Act.
WHO ARE WE?
This Privacy Notice is provided by Ascott-under-Wychwood Parish Council which is the data controller for the personal information which we might hold about you and with your permission.
WHOSE DATA DO WE KEEP AND WHY?
We need to keep the personal data of employees, contractors, councillors and volunteers in order to carry out our duties as a Parish Council.
WHAT DATA DO WE NEED?
For volunteers, contractors and colleagues in partner organisations, the personal information that we would need to keep includes:
- Address and/or e-mail address
- Home and mobile phone numbers
For employees, we keep personal information necessary to comply with UK employment, insurance and tax law as well as personal information which is necessary for the Parish Council to work and communicate with those employees.
ONLY WITH YOUR PERMISSION
We will seek your permission to store your personal information and explain why we need to keep it. If we wish to use your information for a new purpose we will seek your permission again.
THE COUNCIL WILL COMPLY WITH DATA PROTECTION LAW
This says that the personal data we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully and fairly
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Available for you to check at any time
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept and destroyed securely
YOU WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Ask what data we hold on you, why we need that data, who has access to that data and where we obtained the data from. We will respond to your request within one month.
- Correct and update the personal data we hold on you. Just inform us.
- Raise an objection with us about how we use your personal data.
- Ask us to stop holding your personal information or to restrict our use of that information. When we receive the request we will let you know if we are able to comply or if we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office by:
- Phone: 0303 123 1113
- Textphone: 01625 545860
- Internet: email@example.com
- Letter: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We will keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated in June 2018.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Privacy Notice or the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at:
Clerk to the Council: Mrs A Barnes
Address: Bay Tree Cottage, 58 New Street, Chipping Norton, Oxon OX7 5LJ