- Rob Morgan (Chairman)
- Bridgette Crundwell (Vice)
- Laurence Mellor
- Philippa Carter
Apologies were received from CCllr Rodney Rose, DCllr Hilary Hibbert-Biles, Cllr Pauline Marshall and Parish Clerk Angela Barnes.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING
The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 10 October 2011 were agreed and duly signed, dated and filed.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST:
4. COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT:
5. DISTRICT COUNCILLORS REPORT:
6. FINANCIAL REPORT:
- £5438.00 WODC second half of the Precept for 2010/11
- There were no payments to be authorised. A discussion for setting the Precept for 2012/13 was ongoing and will be confirmed at the December meeting. The Clerk has confirmed that the deadline for submission to WODC was Monday 19 December.
7. PUBLIC TIME:
No public time.
- Planning application 11/1629/P/FP photo-voltaic cells at Manor Farm – withdrawn.
- Planning application 11/1737/P/FP 25A London Lane – Cllr Morgan and Cllr Mellor will undertake a site visit with the applicant.
9. RISK ASSESSMENT:
The Clerk was asked to provide Cllr Morgan with last year’s assessment.
10. HELPERS OF ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD:
Cllr Carter reported that the “bulb planting” event held in October was well attended and that the next event was to be the tidying of the playground on 26 November 2011 between 9am and 12noon. Cllr Morgan agreed to organise the grinding of the tree stump remaining in the Recreation Ground. Nigel Wild has agreed to provide the wooden surround to the renovated “sheepwash sign” when the renovation is completed by the Cotswold Wardens. The cost of the materials is approximately £20 and will be bourne by the Parish Council.
11. CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE:
It was agreed that the Carol Singing would begin at 7pm on Christmas Eve. The Clerk has written to Rev’d Abrey requesting the times of the Church Services and inviting him to attend, but no reply had been received to date. Cllr Morgan had received no reply from Robin Walker for the supply of a Christmas Tree – to be confirmed. Cllr Carter stated that the PCC are willing to provide tables for the event.
11. CAROLS ROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE Cont’d:
The following was agreed
- SEC to connect the power supply
- Cllr Morgan and Cllr Mellor will check and inspect the lights
- The tree will be erected and decorated on Saturday 3 December
- Mince pies and mulled wine will be supplied by the councillors
- Each councilor will provide one bucket for the collection
- The Clerk will organise the printing of the poster noting the time for distribution
- Carol sheets – production of these need to be decided
12. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD RECREATION GROUND:
Please refer to Item 10. A questionnaire had been circulated to each village household and had been collected on 12/13 November. The results are currently being analysed by Chaine Pirie. Cllr Carter proposed a vote of thanks, which was agreed by all, to Chaine Pirie for carrying out the analysis.
13. VILLAGE PLAN:
Please refer to Item 10 and 12.
14. COMMUNITY EMERGENCY PLAN:
Cllr Mellor confirmed that the Big Society bid was submitted in November and that an indication of its success should be available in February with the money following in March. Cllr Mellor also confirmed that the bulk salt/grit order had been placed with OCC and delivery was expected on 26 November. Cllrs Crundwell, Mellor and Morgan attended an OCC “Snow Day” held at Drayton Depot on Saturday 29 October. It was informative with an explanation being given of OCC’s “early warning system” for road conditions. Also various items of snow clearance were on display. Cllr Mellor has emailed Paul Wilson thanking him for organising the event.
15. ASCOTT-UNDER-WYCHWOOD SPORTS CLUB:
The football team is now up and running.
Cllr Mellor reported that the response to providing a fixed water supply to the allotments had been mixed. It was agreed that the supply should be held in abeyance.
17. MATTERS ARISING:
Ascott-under-Wychwood Village Charity:
- Ditch on the Charity Land – Cllr Morgan reported that the Charity had received a reply from WODC explaining the work to be done and providing a cost for WODC to carry out the work. WODC require the work to be completed by Christmas. – Ongoing
- OCC Reference No. PEM390333 (to be carried out this calendar year)
- Installation of two new Salt Bins; Church View (on the verge adjacent to the Pound) and on Shipton Road (on the bends to the west verge clear of the BT box and pumping station) Ongoing
- Replacement (FOC) the Salt Bin in the Tiddy Hall car park Ongoing
- Saplings/vegetation on the west side verge between 12 and 18 London Lane – Cllr Morgan reported that despite this having been previously agreed with OCC they have now informed the Parish Council that following inspection they do not propose to carry out this work. After discussion it was thought that this work may prove appropriate for the Helpers of Ascott-under-Wychwood. Ongoing
- Cllr Crundwell reported that the profits were increasing and that the shop mortgage had been redeemed. Huffkins have now stopped delivering bread to the shop and the new supplier will be Palace Cuisine.
- Chestnut Drive; Cllr Morgan had contacted Cottsway and they have arranged for the parcel of land to be cleared of rubbish and glass.
- Network Rail; Cabinet, lighting and Community Scheme (tree planting) Ongoing
17. MATTERS ARISING Cont’d:
Parking Church Close:
- Incident Number URN8951 21/5/2011 – no reply has been received from Rev’d Abrey regarding legal ownership of the land. Monitoring ongoing.
Natural History Project:
Diamond Jubilee Lunch 2012:
BT Phone Box on Shipton Road
- Letter received from Wychwood Day Centre Limited requesting a donation
- Letter from WODC re precept and council tax 2012/13
- WODC BACS received for second half of the precept
- Clerks and Councils direct
- Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association Newsletter
19. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
There being no further business, Cllr Morgan closed the meeting at 10.55pm and confirmed the next meeting would be Monday 12 December 2011.